Accessing grid channels through Digital Adapter

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Accessing grid channels through Digital Adapter

Plugging the cable directly into the tv gives me several grid channels and the radio stations. I lose these when I plug the cable back into the Digital Adapter box.

How do I get access these grid channels without having to go through the constant hassle of unhooking-hooking-unhooking cable wires OR buying a device that can switch back and forth?

This has become pressing now that Rogers has inexplicably removed CTV Newsnet from the Digital Adapter lineup. (See my other post here on that issue: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-has-removed-stations-from-Digital-Adapter-lineup/td-p... )

***EDITED LABELS***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Accessing grid channels through Digital Adapter

@dta:  As discussed in several DTA threads, people are limited to a select few stations (basic) when they change packages, or sometimes when Rogers decides to do so for certain customers.

The only way to get these channels back is to purchase or rent a proper set top box instead of the DTA.  If you contact the community helps people on this forum, you may be able to negotiate one for free (or at a very small cost), depending on your package etc.  Here's a link on how to contact Community Helps:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Data-Overage/m-p/407068#M20075

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for responding, but that doesn't address the problem with constantly unhooking-hooking-unhooking the cables to get the grid stations.

57 wrote:

@dta:  As discussed in several DTA threads, people are limited to a select few stations (basic) when they change packages, or sometimes when Rogers decides to do so for certain customers.

The only way to get these channels back is to purchase or rent a proper set top box instead of the DTA.  If you contact the community helps people on this forum, you may be able to negotiate one for free (or at a very small cost), depending on your package etc.  Here's a link on how to contact Community Helps:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Data-Overage/m-p/407068#M20075

I'm a Senior Advisor

@dta: I'm pretty sure that the "grid stations" would be available via the set top box...

What's New
2018 VIVO IPL 11
April 7th - May 27th, 2017
Full Package
Sportsnet PPV: 377 HD | 378 SD
Price: $29.99
Playoff Matches
Sportsnet PPV: 348 HD | 250 SD
Price: $14.99/game
Full Details and Schedule

The VIVO IPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007. The tournament features eight teams from across India with some of the most exciting and talented cricket players in the world! The 2018 season of the Indian Premier League, the VIVO IPL 11, begins its eleventh season on April 7th.

WWE: Greatest Royal Rumble LIVE
Friday April 27, 2018
LIVE: 12:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

For the first time ever, the Royal Rumble match will feature 50 WWE Superstars! Live on Sportsnet pay-per-view or on the WWE Network, channel 512 (Ontario/Atlantic)

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation