New Rogers Scam call or not?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

New Rogers Scam call or not?

Greetings all!

I wanted to know if the number 1-855-415-2112 Is registered to Rogers Communications and is currently offering Samsung Tab S LTE for 0 interest over a 24 month payment plan?

Thank you for your time!

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New Rogers Scam call or not?

I can't find any information that 1-855-415-2112 is a valid rogers # - If in doubt ignore it! or call rogers back and comfirm the information... Never give out information if your not certian of who it is... If it doesn't feel right it normally isn't!!!! 

However, I do know that there is some sort of promo being offer in relation to a Tablet.... I recieved a text about it if i upgraded my share plan to a higher one (the text came directly from rogers).....

So it very well can be a 3rd party company calling on behalf of rogers... 

Hard to tell.. wish i had a more solid answer 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Based on what I found on-line the # belongs to
1-855-415-2112 belongs to S&T Telephone Coop Association
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers does use 3rd party companies to call out for promotions, etc.

Bigest thing is making sure they are REAL ones.. which is hard Smiley Sad

Best thing i found.. i let THEM tell you the details. Dont give them your account info.. let them read it TO you, etc.. to confirm they have the info from rogers... that you are not giving it to someone else.

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ocelot12 , thank you for your post.

I will take a closer look internally and let the community know what I find.

Until then Rogers does have a program that customer’s on a Share Everything plan can get a Tablet (Samsung LTE 2) for $0 on a 24 month payment plan. This is called Easy Pay .

Description

• Easy Pay is a tablet payment plan that allows customers to get any Rogers tablet for $0 down and no financing fees.
  • Cost of the hardware will be split and charged as equal monthly financing payments over 24 months.
  • The tablet monthly financing payment will automatically be dropped after 24 months.

Eligibility Requirements

• Rogers customers on a Share Everything or Share Everything for Business plan.
  • New and existing consumer and Small Business non-MSD customers including employees (50% discount not applicable to monthly device financing cost).
  • Must activate a $10 Share Everything Tablet Additional Line (limit of 9 as per Share Everything limitations) or $10 Share Everything Business Tablet Additional Line (limit of 25 as per Share Everything limitations).
  • Available to existing tablet or rocket stick or data only customers wishing to do a HUP. 

Hope this helps!

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hi Community,

I have confirmed that S&P is an authorized Rogers vendor and that the offer is legitimate.

Hope this helps to clarify.

I've Been Around

I just got a call today from a "supposed 3rd party" offering a bundle internet/cable/home phone for Bell customers

Their number is 1885847611. I checked with Rogers support and didn't update my file as third parties have access to rogers system... in this case it sound like a phishing call as they wanted 2 pieces od ID from me ...

I've Been Here Awhile

How can you get this sales person/ company to stop calling me, I feel I am being harassed I have repeatedly say I have all I need from Rogers.  He was a very aggressive salesman - I had to hang up a couple times. I refuse to answer now but the phone calls continue everyday !!! If it doesn't stop soon, I am cancelling Rogers all together and going to some other supplier. 

Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

@xiko62 @jix

I can certainly see how that could be frustrating.
Have you configured your marketing permissions before?
In just a few clicks you can self manage what type of communications you do not wish to receive from Rogers.

To do so please click here.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
RogersMay

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

RogersMay wrote:

Have you configured your marketing permissions before?
In just a few clicks you can self manage what type of communications you do not wish to receive from Rogers.

To do so please click here.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
RogersMay

Thanks for posting a link to Marketing Permissions. That used to be on our Profile page, but Rogers removed it. However, I don't understand why one would need to enter one's name, postal code and email address when one is already signed in.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

What's New
2018 VIVO IPL 11
April 7th - May 27th, 2017
Full Package
Sportsnet PPV: 377 HD | 378 SD
Price: $29.99
Playoff Matches
Sportsnet PPV: 348 HD | 250 SD
Price: $14.99/game
Full Details and Schedule

The VIVO IPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007. The tournament features eight teams from across India with some of the most exciting and talented cricket players in the world! The 2018 season of the Indian Premier League, the VIVO IPL 11, begins its eleventh season on April 7th.

Topic Stats