cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure SIM Windows Phone 8 Wallet support

gblahut
I've been here awhile

Microsoft is building what they call "the most complete wallet experience" in Windows Phone 8. It combines the NFC payment features of Android's Google Wallet with features comparable to Apple's Passbook.

It is designed to be used with a secure SIM for storing and moving payment information in a secure fashion.

Will Rogers's new SIM card support the WP8 Wallet so that Rogers can offer the complete wallet experience that is baked into the Windows Phone 8 OS? I'd much rather use a native wallet solution than have to install custom apps like the CIBC app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Secure SIM Windows Phone 8 Wallet support

RogersJeppe
Product Manager
Product Manager

The Rogers NFC SIM card will be compatible with any handset that is supporting the SIM as a Secure Element. We are very excited about the potential of seeing a WP8 device supporting SIM and we are looking forward to learning more details on the Microsoft Wallet experience.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersJeppe
Product Manager
Product Manager

The Rogers NFC SIM card will be compatible with any handset that is supporting the SIM as a Secure Element. We are very excited about the potential of seeing a WP8 device supporting SIM and we are looking forward to learning more details on the Microsoft Wallet experience.

Strephen81BB
I've been here awhile

@gbalhut 

While I agree I'm not going to be a huge fan of the App that is just CIBC,  I question the support that Canadian finance will have for this WP8 Wallet and when it will be available.

Currently Google Wallet doesn't seem to work for me in places that  this Rogers/CIBC program will 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation