cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fees and Rogers involvement in transactions

gblahut
I've been here awhile

Are there any transaction fees associated with mobile payments?

Will there eventually be an increase to the $50 limit as mobile payments catch on?

What is Rogers involvement in actual transactions/billing? i.e. is Rogers notified when and where I use my mobile wallet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fees and Rogers involvement in transactions

RogersJeppe
Product Manager
Product Manager

This community has some good probing questions!

1. There will be no additional fees for our subscribers.

2. Originally the contactless limits defined by Visa and Mastercard was set at $15 - and over time it has increased to $50, in some cases the merchants themselves decide to increase that limits, I believe that some merchants have increased the limit to $100, which is great for contactless and NFC adoption, but we feel that the current limit of $50 is adequate for most purchases so a potential increase in transaction limit is an added bonus, and my gut tells me that it will eventually happen.

3. The service that Rogers is supplying is an enterprise service, which means we are offering these capabilities to banks and obviously there are commercial agreements associated with this, we will however not be notified when or where you use your wallet, nor will we have access to data around your wallet use in general.

J

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Fees and Rogers involvement in transactions

RogersJeppe
Product Manager
Product Manager

This community has some good probing questions!

1. There will be no additional fees for our subscribers.

2. Originally the contactless limits defined by Visa and Mastercard was set at $15 - and over time it has increased to $50, in some cases the merchants themselves decide to increase that limits, I believe that some merchants have increased the limit to $100, which is great for contactless and NFC adoption, but we feel that the current limit of $50 is adequate for most purchases so a potential increase in transaction limit is an added bonus, and my gut tells me that it will eventually happen.

3. The service that Rogers is supplying is an enterprise service, which means we are offering these capabilities to banks and obviously there are commercial agreements associated with this, we will however not be notified when or where you use your wallet, nor will we have access to data around your wallet use in general.

J

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation