cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Samsumg Galaxy II LTE Name Display

pdr
I'm here a lot

I have bought this phone because it's a great phone but was not happy when the NAME DISPLAY feature wass not working, are there plans to have it working, and I had the Sony Playstation Phone and too the Name Display feature was not working.

Are there plans to enable this Rogers Feature, i so what is the timeline

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Samsumg Galaxy II LTE Name Display

XBrav
I plan to stick around

That is indeed strange. I'll have to check with my girlfriend on her SII, but I know it's related to the phone.apk.

The data is probably there, but the phone app is not processing it correctly. This is a fault with many Android builds. The Name Display feature is pretty unique, and so Android isn't designed to process it. For instance, the Galaxy S Captivate displays a caller's name with the @ symbol in front of it. If you miss the call, the missed call logs show just the number.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersRonak
Product Manager
Product Manager
it sounds like you may not have the feature on your account. Someone will reach out to you directly (PM) to resolve.

what I mean is when someone calls you not in your address book, Name Display feature would show you the name, it has not worked on my Rogers phones.

XBrav
I plan to stick around

That is indeed strange. I'll have to check with my girlfriend on her SII, but I know it's related to the phone.apk.

The data is probably there, but the phone app is not processing it correctly. This is a fault with many Android builds. The Name Display feature is pretty unique, and so Android isn't designed to process it. For instance, the Galaxy S Captivate displays a caller's name with the @ symbol in front of it. If you miss the call, the missed call logs show just the number.

pdr
I'm here a lot

How about this, does anyone on this forum have a Samsung Galaxy SII LTE from Rogers that has Name Display Working, NOt Caller ID, where it looks up the number from your contact list, but Name Display, where the number is NOT part of your contact list.

Thanks

mbazdell
I'm a trusted contributor
I do, and it does work fine. The problem is Name Display works with so few numbers that it often looks like it's broken or not working.

Remember, for Name Display to actually work, the number and name have to be in the phone book, or Rogers has to have a deal setup with the provider of that phone number to work. Many cell phone numbers won't have names attached to them, and same with VoIP numbers.

pdr
I'm here a lot

Ok, since you say it works, can you try it with your phone, lets say your friend has a Rogers phone, delete his contact information from your phone, and have them call you, if the name displa shows up from another Rogers phone, then the name display would be working fine, if the name does not come up from someone like a Rogers phone then you know it is not working.

remember you need to delete the contact information from your phone so he pone does not look it up bfore displaying

thanks

let me know

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation