cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S Android 4.0.3 update.

Joebacca
I've been here awhile

When will the Nexus S update go through? Other mobile companies have rolled them out already from what I can see.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nexus S Android 4.0.3 update.

XBrav
I plan to stick around

Have you checked to see if the update is available? It should have been pushed to your phone already, but if not, do a manual check:

menu > settings > about phone > check for updates

I don't believe Rogers has a cusomized ROM for the Nexus S, so it should query the Google server.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

XBrav
I plan to stick around

Have you checked to see if the update is available? It should have been pushed to your phone already, but if not, do a manual check:

menu > settings > about phone > check for updates

I don't believe Rogers has a cusomized ROM for the Nexus S, so it should query the Google server.

Joebacca
I've been here awhile

Not pushed to my phone and I can not manually detect it either.

mjsoctober
I've been here awhile
Google started rolling out the ics update for the nexus s end of last year, but suspended it because of bug complaints and issues with battery life. It has been on hold ever since. I read something recently about it possibly resuming in March.

See this article on mobile syrup. http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/02/06/galaxy-nexus-and-nexus-s-to-receive-ota-android-4-0-5-update-by-ma...

XBrav
I plan to stick around

It looks as though it's a tricky process atm to get ICS on the GSM version :S

The ROM was posted online, but contained a radio.img and modem.bin for CDMA devices only (WIND, Mobilicity, T-Mobile).

If you flash the one out there, the phone will boot, but will have no cell reception. This is because it is looking for frequencies that

1) your phone doesn't support

2) are not used by Rogers

Hopefully there should be a GSM launch soon :S

Mathieu
I'm a trusted contributor
The 4.0.3 ROM posted by Google was for GSM phones but not for I9020A version (Rogers, Bell, Telus, AT&T) but for the I9020T version (WIND, Mobilicity, T-Mobile).
The CDMA Nexus S is the Sprint Nexus S "4G" (aka. SPH-D720).

Joebacca
I've been here awhile

March,,? So I should expect it July then. lol

mor10
I've been around
I think Rogers should put it's weight behind it's customers and put some pressure on Google and Samsung to great this promised update out to the users.
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation