cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commercials

JWB99
I've been around

Why do we have to watch the same commercials over and over and over again?

Why can't we just see the native feed from which ever broadcast we're watching?

This is enough to make me not want to pay for this service. I will find an alternative way to watch hockey.

27 REPLIES 27

Re: Commercials

User1933061
I've been around

I paid like $170.00 bucks for the app and every time I go to watch a game or even a recap I have to sit through mindless ads. I pay for the product, why am I forced to watch ads? Netflix doesn't pump ads at you when you click a title. I'm already over paying for a service and now I have to give my time to watch 15secs of an ad inorder to watch 4 or 5min recaps. This is the exact reason I stopped paying for cable. It's extremely annoying. I get YouTube doing it because it's free, I am paying for this service!! Typical big corporation trying to grab every dollar they can. I won't be buying this service again. YouTube shows condensed games and it's free!!!

klef
I've been around

NHL Live mobile ads

This is getting quite ridiculous. I pay $200 for NHL Live and Rogers makes me watch a 30 second ad to watch a 10 second highlight. EVERY TIME.

On top of that, the ad is always in an ultra high quality (despite my settings) , ripping into my data, while the highlight is 1/4 as good.

Rogers, how can you justify this? Shouldn't an individual who is paying for a premium service be able to bypass these ads? I won't be renewing my subscription next season if this is going to continue to be the norm.

Hello @klef,

Welcome to the Community!

I know ads are disruptive and seem even longer without the "Skip Ad" option 😔.

While we have no control over how the commercials are set up, I appreciate you taking the time out to provide your feedback.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

RogersZia

Rich97
I plan to stick around

What is with the ads on the Xbox app? I see the same ad for Willowbrook Auto more than 20 times in one game. Are the ads location-based and only one company in the BC lower mainland has decided to purchase commercial time?

I actually hope I got the name of the dealership wrong too. It proves the worthlessness of repetitive advertising.

Hey @Rich97,

I know where you’re coming from, seeing the same ad multiple times during a game can get old.

Please take a look at RogersMoin’s post earlier in this thread, here. It should answer your question. Smiley Happy

Thanks for taking the time out to provide your feedback!

RogersTim

Rich97
I plan to stick around

Still happening. Watching the Pittsburgh/Ottawa game on the Xbox One app, the same Genesis commercial was run 3 times in a row during one commercial break.

If Rogers isn't in control of this, then at least pass our feedback on to the Rogers account manager that deals with NHL properties.

And the other day (Friday?), every time it was time for an ad to be played, the feed would freeze and provide a connection issue error message.

And as I type this, there's that Genesis ad again, and once the ad ended, it repeated.  

Ask me if the ad was shown a third time in a row again. Answer: YES

Rich97
I plan to stick around
Same 15 second Sonnet Insurance commercial running twice in a row almost every break. It ruins the experience of what is supposed to be enjoyable. I doubt that I will renew my service next year, for the sole reason of the repetitive annoying commercials.
Topic Stats