cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of phone number and plan using different sim

ham123
I've been around

Hi,.......

I have an old standard size sim card which i used for my old samsung phone. i recently bought an iphone 5 and it uses a nano sim card. I would like to use my original phone number with my iphone any ideas on how to transfer the plan? I had a chat with customer care from rogers and told me to update my sim on line but  when i log in my acount I do not see the Change my SIM selection tab  only the change my cell number and password. Any ideas?

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Transfer of phone number and plan using different sim

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @ham123

To change your sim card online follow the steps below

1. Log into MyRogers
  2. Select your number under account overview
  3. On the middle of the page towards the right you should see an option for "Change My Sim" right under change my number

I just tested on my personal account and I can see the option.

It may be that this option does not appear for Pay as You Go. As you have posted in the Prepaid board I will presume you have a prepaid account, is that correct?

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @ham123

To change your sim card online follow the steps below

1. Log into MyRogers
  2. Select your number under account overview
  3. On the middle of the page towards the right you should see an option for "Change My Sim" right under change my number

I just tested on my personal account and I can see the option.

It may be that this option does not appear for Pay as You Go. As you have posted in the Prepaid board I will presume you have a prepaid account, is that correct?

RogersAsif

JEJ
I've been here awhile
My Account for Pay as you go does not have this option

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

PayGo customers don't have that option. You can probably get that done at a Rogers store.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

JEJ
I've been here awhile

Yes. I did go to local Rogers Store. Very Friendly staff but no one new  how to go about this. Storee Manager happened by and overheard the discussion. He gave me a ph # to call and assured me I would get a LIVE person. I did, and actually got help to transfer the account. In total I spent approx 4.5 hours trying to accomplish the task. They are obviously discouraging the use of pay as you go accounts

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@JEJ wrote:

They are obviously discouraging the use of pay as you go accounts

Glad you got the help you needed from the store manager. Yes, prepaid is not the main focus of Rogers wireless, but it is offered for people who just need to use a cellphone occasionally or for emergencies.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

mobilesupport1
I plan to stick around

First you can try to cut your older sim to nano sim slot size. Many older sim can be used with nano sim slot. If you sim don't support.

Secondly go to roger store and ask for 3g or 4g sim for your same mobile number. Many sim provider provide new nano sim or micro sim for new mobiles and your mobile number remain same. 

I dont know roger provide new nano or micro sim or not so just visit roger store.

Barry01
I've been around

Just transferred my mobile phone from Bell to Rogers and transferred the Bell number to Rogers so the number on the phone will stay the same. (First Rogers Wireless Device)

Rogers will send you a new SIM card and an instruction manual which has two steps under "Activating your new device". Unfortunately the order is reversed So do the following

1) Transfer your existing number to Rogers Line using your Rogers Account. I could NOT find the correct tab in the MyRogers account but the QR code in the instruction pamphlet will take you to the proper location. After you make the request you will get a text from Bell requesting you to confirm the transfer. The confirmation request will go to the old number. If you change the SIM card before you make the request you will not get the confirmation text and it will time out. This will create a problem since it is next to impossible to contact a "real" person to make another request to transfer the number. 

2) After returning the confirmation request text you may insert the Rogers SIM card and the phone number will eventually be magically changed to the number you requested.

Do not throw away the original SIM card you will need it if there are any problems. 

I don't know why Rogers would produce an instruction manual that is incorrect. When I finally got hold of someone to resubmit the request, I complained the instruction manual was incorrect - and they seemed to know that already!

In all probability no one will read this before they have this problem. Basically I am hoping that someone from Rogers will read  this post and fix the "Ready to get started?" manual.

Hello, @Barry01.

Welcome to our Community and Rogers' family! 

I appreciate you sharing your phone number transfer experience and providing us with feedback on the manual. 

I hope you will enjoy your services and continue participating in the Community. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

PS: If our new members need clarification on the Get Started manual, please check our support article for step by step walkthrough:

Transfer your existing Canadian phone number to Rogers.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 in conversation