cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching PayGo plans

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

For years now I've been buying the basic $100/year plan where I pay for all calls and texts and those charges have more than doubled. Recently I was inundated by a load of texts from Facebook and I had to change my settings to put a stop to them, but they depleted my balance. I see the there are 2 other PayGo plans for $100/year, one with free texts and the other with free evening and weekend calls. I presume "unlimited" means "free", so please enlighten me if I'm wrong. I'm interested in the unlimited texts plan.

So here are my questions:

1. If I sign up for the unlimited text plan here, will my current PayGo balance roll over into it?

2. Currently if I have accumulated a balance over $100 after 2 or 3 years, I can use $100 of the balance to renew for another year if I call in and ask for that. Can I do the same with the $100/year unlimited text plan?

3. Are there any catches to these two new $100 plans?  It's hard to believe they offer free stuff that the basic $100 plan doesn't.

4. I see the 2 plans are "promotions",  even though I've seen them for some time. How long will these promotions last? If I sign up for one and it can't be renewed after a year, will I be able to keep my balance when I revert back to the basic plan?

****Edit Labels****

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Switching PayGo plans

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

We were talking somewhere about the grand fathered plans .... I found on my page what we pay  ... way back we signed up for the 25 cents a minute for the first 5 minutes and 15 cents thereafter  and I see we are still at the 25 cents a minute rate  so it must apply here the same as for the postpaid plans . 

Topic Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 in conversation