Pay as You Go™

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

2nd SIM card not useable?

[ Edited ]
I've Been Here Awhile

2nd SIM card not useable?

[ Edited ]

Hi,  I bought a cheapo unlocked Polaroid A1, then bought a pay-as-you-go Rogers SIM card.  All was well.  I later bought a second Bell SIM card on a plan.  The phone has dual SIM card slots, so I could select which number I wanted to dial from.  All was well.  I travelled to Saudi, then UK, now I'm back in Canada.  All is NOT well.

Only the Rogers SIM card works in my good ol' Polaroid.  The Bell SIM card shows no antenna connection.  I've tried the Bell card in another phone and it works.  In my Polaroid phone, it does not work.  I've tried manually connecting to networks, switching card slots, powering up and down, etc.  Is it possible that Rogers has some how locked my phone?  If not, what could be causing my Bell card to no longer function in the Polaroid phone?

Thanks,

Rob

*Edited Labels*

Re: 2nd SIM card not useable?

I've Been Here Awhile

After some web research, it seems that some providers can indeed create NCK locks and / or SPCK locks that prohibit other networks / SIM cards from operating.  Originally, my phone was purchased as unlocked, so there must be an antidote to the locking.  How do I remove an NCK or SPCK lock?

Resident Expert

Most locks happen at the carrier level.. that they are locked before they are sold to you..

I myself have never heard of a sim specifically LOCKING a phone.
I know two people who use a ONE+ phone with dual slots, with no issues.

I think the big issue here is the types of networks.

Rogers is GSM.

Bell I believe, is still CDMA??

That phone, only supports GSM, from what I can see.

What's New
WWE: TLC LIVE
Sunday October 22, 2017
LIVE: 8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

Tables will be broken, ladders climbed, chairs bent, and some careers will never be the same. Don't miss RAW Superstars Roman Reigns, Sasha Banks, Alexa Bliss, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Braun Strowman and more!

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation