cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$100 option | insufficent funds?

DeliveryBoy
I've been here awhile

So about 6 months ago, i purchased a the $100 option which contains 100 mins of calling (local) and unlimited texting. but about 2 days ago, i got this message talking about insufficent funds. I immediately looked at the minutes i used and it read 47mins. I got really confused because it said i could use up to 100 mins. {Texting was still okay}. So i went to the nearest rogers and the employee told me that i had no more money to use. I told him about the option but he continued saying i had no money left. I am really confused, please help!

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: $100 option | insufficent funds?

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

@DeliveryBoy  here is a quote from Rogers Maude as to how to get to  a real person ... 

".... please contact the Prepaid department at 1-800-575-9090.  To reach a representative please choose option 4 (general information) then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers).  At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak to someone (option1)".

Why they can't sticky this on the paygo page  somewhere is beyond me ... or on all paygo  account info so customers don't have to search for it.  

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Good evening @DeliveryBoy

In this case I would suggest calling the PayGo team directly via 1-800-575-9090

RogersDarrell

barndoor

Did the Rogers person agree with the 47 minutes of local calls used ?  Were you trying to make a long distance call by chance  ... supposedly they no longer tell you if you are hitting the wrong tower and the call is long distance. If you had no additional funds to cover that type of call is about the only  thing that makes sense if the 47 minutes is correct. 

In my case  if my phone is set to the wrong G  setting or some such thing I start getting a whole whack  of long distance calls .... it's frustrating but the price we have to pay to keep happy those who feel that a cell phone is their umbilical cord to the world.  Smiley Happy

If that doesn't  seem to exlpain the situation logically ... I'd call pay go ... so far my experiences with the pay go phone staff have been very good .

DeliveryBoy
I've been here awhile
The rogers employee did agree and I never made a long distance call.

barndoor

Just for the sake of curiousity ... I see you don't say in your post whether you can still make a local call or not .  Can you?  

Hey Rogers staff .... what happens with DB"s plan as far as the 911 charge ....does he have to have extra money  in  the account to cover that or is it included in the plan?

DeliveryBoy
I've been here awhile
I can't make any local calls.

barndoor

@DeliveryBoy  Please let us know the explanation when you find out. It has me baffled and I'm really hoping that the computer glitch disease  that regular Rogers seems to have hasn't  spread to Pay go.   Smiley Wink

DeliveryBoy
I've been here awhile

When I called rogers (1-800-575-9090) , and selected numbers 2 > (phone number) > (passcode) > 1, it didn't help me at all.

barndoor

@DeliveryBoy  here is a quote from Rogers Maude as to how to get to  a real person ... 

".... please contact the Prepaid department at 1-800-575-9090.  To reach a representative please choose option 4 (general information) then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers).  At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak to someone (option1)".

Why they can't sticky this on the paygo page  somewhere is beyond me ... or on all paygo  account info so customers don't have to search for it.  

Thanks for your post @barndoor!

@DeliveryBoy, did you have time to call in to speak with our Prepaid department?

If so, were you able to get your issue sorted?

You mentioned that you checked your usage; What tool did you use? 

If you accessed your last transactions, it is possible that you cannot access all the usage from the last 6 months (from the moment you purchased the $100 plan).

Would it be possible that you made considerable usage in the two days between the moment you looked it up and the moment you received the notification text message?

Please provide us with an update if you came to a resolution!

RogersMaude

I bought a 100$ pay as you go voucher just this february for the unlimited canadian texting. I had the same thing lasted year and I know I get calls with this plan as well. Last year, I can call, get calls for a good 10 months before i used up all my minutes, but this time aorund, it only lasted me 2 months.  i looked at my call history and I only used around 8 minutes. Did the call rate change because now when i got on to myrogers, it says "no CMS for plan"? Or did the 100$ pay as you go change? I couldn't find this plan anymore on the rogers website so did they just cancel it out?

barndoor

@affff ..you'll likely have to call the paygo people whose number is mentioned in the previous posts ...I would expect no one here will  be able to answer your question accurately.  

I know the plans have changed  like you mentioned  but just how that will affect you and your situation, I think only a call will sort it out for you . 

Good luck  ...Smiley Wink

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Most likely that plan was $100 a year go and is now $120.

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_promotions_monthlydiscount

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

barndoor

The question that arises  for me with this situation  is .... If @affff  did indeed purchase  the  $100  text-a-lot  plan when it was available  and more recently bought a $100 voucher to add to his/her account to extend  his plan  .... does this mean that the old plan should be honoured as a grandfathered plan or do the Paygo plans follow a different protocol and  upon renewal you have to take whatever plan is on the market that fits your needs best ? 

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Have a look at the prepaid plans Rogers now offers here:

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/plans?cm_sp=wireless-_-pay_as_you_go-_-plans_ban...

Prices go up every year.  To make it difficult to compare apples to apples, the plans also change slightly. There is no grandfather clause that lets you get the same deal you got a year ago. I can't buy a Camaro for $3200 like I did 50 years ago.

barndoor

@OLDYELLR ... why are they hiding the plan you use ? Well it's not really a plan is it ? But you can still buy a prepaid voucher that has a one year expiry. Why aren't they advertised  on any of the pages you have suggested? Basically isn't  it  a one year talk and text  plan for a $100? 

The only way I could find it was to use google  to go shopping for vouchers and you find the info on about the third page in .  Rogers obviously is not interested  in having  any one new use them ...just seems to tolerate those of us that know they are there . 

That's the one account I have left with Rogers  ... a paygo with a $100 voucher and a $5 texting add on. 

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@barndoor wrote:

@OLDYELLR ... why are they hiding the plan you use ? Well it's not really a plan is it ? But you can still buy a prepaid voucher that has a one year expiry. Why aren't they advertised  on any of the pages you have suggested? Basically isn't  it  a one year talk and text  plan for a $100? 

The only way I could find it was to use google  to go shopping for vouchers and you find the info on about the third page in .  Rogers obviously is not interested  in having  any one new use them ...just seems to tolerate those of us that know they are there . 

That's the one account I have left with Rogers  ... a paygo with a $100 voucher and a $5 texting add on. 

Bingo! The basic $100 PayGo plan is not promoted and very difficult to find on the Rogers site. Like you say, Google is your best bet to find it.

I used to buy the $25 vouchers until I heard about the $100 one good for a whole year by word of mouth.  I'd buy the vouchers at the Rogers store and have them update the plan because I didn't like typing in the 30-digit number. I would also use $100 from my balance once it was over $200. Then they told me they didn't do this at the stores anymore and I should do it by phone.  The thing is that nowhere does it even say I can use part of my balance to renew the plan and I didn't know that until I once received a letter from Rogers.

barndoor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

There is no grandfather clause that lets you get the same deal you got a year ago. I can't buy a Camaro for $3200 like I did 50 years ago.

No .... but if you had maintained the one you bought fifty years ago  because it fit your needs  it would likely still be  worth  $3200  and would likely do the job if your needs remained the same . 

For many of us our needs have not really changed so why should we have to pay more to subsidize those that want to talk on the phone for hours at a time , or glue their nose to their device because they have to stay up to date with the latest ejection on Big Brother or Survivor.

Is the service provider not improving its efficiencies enough to keep up with the basic customers needs with out increasing pricing too much ?

I realize they don't have the advantage of the auto industry where they can just make lower quality parts so the vehicles fail faster and need to be replaced sooner. But surely there are other efficinies to be had ...like increasing the customer base with better customer service and the like.

BS
I'm a senior advisor

@barndoor  I would agree, the car analogy doesn't work well - I can actually buy a car cheaper now than I did 10 years ago, but hard to find one that meets my basic needs, but price wise, I can find a car that meets my needs with all the new technology, not the full bells and whistles.

The car industry realized a long time ago that they had to start passing efficiencies that reduce price to the consumer, but they also have lots of competition.

Rogers does not have lots of customers, they are not creating models that meet our basic needs, and when they do, they price them in a way that becomes outside what some of us are willing to pay, so I now say, at this time, I am looking at options.

And yes, the analogy as you describe it is also relevant - cars we can maintain and keep going for a long time, we can buy technological advances and add them to our cars - you can't do that with cable equipment - they are kind of designed for obselence and for those who want the newest and perceived best out there, and I sure am not one of those, and like you, I don't want to subsidize those by paying for services that I don't use.

We are in an interesting transition period of how far can we push the CRTC, and the CRTC push the industry, and we push the industry with our feet to build a model of more choice.

It took a few years for the auto industry to get it, I see it coming slowly, but it will require that we all be a bit noisy until we begin to see change.

Bruce

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@barndoor wrote:

@OLDYELLR wrote:

There is no grandfather clause that lets you get the same deal you got a year ago. I can't buy a Camaro for $3200 like I did 50 years ago.

No .... but if you had maintained the one you bought fifty years ago  because it fit your needs  it would likely still be  worth  $3200  and would likely do the job if your needs remained the same . 

For many of us our needs have not really changed so why should we have to pay more to subsidize those that want to talk on the phone for hours at a time

Actually, my '68 Camaro would now be worth 10 times what I paid for it if I'd maintained it.  Smiley Happy

But I agree, We should not have to pay more than the rate of inflation for a service. In my case the basic $100/year PayGo plan from Rogers suffices because I'm not a cell phone addict. I could probably get better value from 7-11 Speakout, but the hassle and cost of switching isn't worth it to me.

BS
I'm a senior advisor

One of the things that stands out in the last years financial reports is that there is a lot of comment about reduced expected incomes due to CRTC ruling on wholesale costs to 3rd party Internet companies, right down last year on IPTV service model developed in house, continued falling customer base in cable and home phone.

And the speak to that issue through increased revenues from new bundles, and various other services.

Take that out of accounting speak and what it means to us is we pay more for the new bundle mixes, and the lower ones are being mareketed out, leaving primarily higher cost bundle services and individual services - i.e., we see higher than inflation increases in order to maintain profits that couldn't be achieved without these increases and drop of lower price offerings when they are losing money left and right due to market changes, CRTC rulings, and some just plain unexpected failures in implementation.

So we lower end users pay more in because they actually want us off all the low end services, and if we stay, we have to pay more to make up for the fact we don't create that much revenue relative to the higher end packages and the big spenders - nothing against big spenders and people who are addicted to their phones, big TV's, expensive speciality packages and so forth, but ultimately, we are seeing large increases across the board because they are not increasing their customer base much in any area, and bleeding customers still on other services.  That is why we see a lot of talk about continued increases in revenues through ... and moving customers to higher value higher revenue producing services.  So us on the bottom, end up paying more, and those on the top are getting more services (whether they really need it or not, as long as they think they do, they will keep buying it no matter the price), so we all see higher prices, but us on the lower end, just see increases, and not really any improvement in services.

Maybe time to do some recovery work on the Camero instead of phones, TV, Internet and the like. Smiley Happy  

When it comes down to it, in most sectors of the economy, we have seen reductions in price, with improvements in some areas, while in some areas, we get lesser quality products and services, for less money (big box and online models), and in some cases we get less and pay more.  For me, the key is to be an educated consumer, and know what you really want and what you want to spend before you even start talking - that way you can cut through all the marketing fluff (but it is only 20.00 more per month and look how much more you are getting, or you are the first person I have ever heard say they want a lower speed Internet, or why wouldn't you want Roam like home, no risk of excessive roaming, etc).

I have learned to not get mad, get smart instead with clearly in mind, I can always walk - I can live without most of my home and cell service mix when it comes down to it.

I enjoy the banter around this whole question of pricing, choice, and what is marketed.  I get more knowledgable with each interaction, and help others learn to, and get to have a good laugh while we are at it.

Bruce

Bruce

Topic Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 in conversation