cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People have to dial 1 and my 10 digit number to call my cell phone from a landline

Prisoner5150
I've been around

When people call me they have to dial 1 plus my 10 digit phone number. My phone is a little a local phone (greater Vancouver area) and so are the landlines that are calling me. Example... My Rogers cell phone number is 604-123-4567 and to call me from 604-555-5555,you have to dial 1-604-123-4567.
Whats going on? Everything is local to my area

*Edited Labels*

1 REPLY 1

Re: People have to dial 1 and my 10 digit number to call my cell phone from a landline

RogersMoin

Hello, @Prisoner5150

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for joining and posting your concern in the Community. The issue you've described sounds a little strange, since how long others have to dial 11 digits to reach your cell phone? Have you travelled recently outside Greater Vancouver Area with your cell phone on you? If yes, then most likely your phone is still connected to a tower outside your local area. You can try power cycling your phone which should force it to connect back to your local tower. If the issue still persists, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can further investigate it. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

The CommunityHelps Team

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation