cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus one no data on ROGERS!?

hey10103
I'm here a lot

So I JUST signed up with Rogers, moving over from WIND....and literally 5 minutes after leaving the ROGERS store I realize that my Data isn't working...it has a full bars with a excamation mark beside it, and on my lock screen it says "no service - ROGERS" and I CAN receieve calls and texts...

I called up TWO tech support agents who were SO RUDE to me...literally yelled at me and at one point I had to hang up...he answered the phone "Yup!"....I responded "uh....hello, is this Rogers" he says "Yup"....that should lay out my frustration. The second tried to help me with my APN settings then offered me a "premium service support" for more money, then told me to google it and find out what I can do. I just shelled out money for $100/month contract for a phone I was told by Rogers would work on their network, it doesn't and now they want me to pay more so someone can make it work. Sorry for venting, but I'm at my whits end with this company already and it's only been 7 hours. This is my APN settings:

Name:Rogers LTE

APN: ltemobile.apn

proxy: not set

port: not set

username: not set

password: not set

server: not set

MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS proxy: 10.128.1.69

MMS port: 80

MMC:302

MNC: 720

Authentication type: not set

APN type: default,supl,mms

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Bearer: unspecified

MVNO type: none. 

Is there anything that anyone can do to help? has anyone else had an issue with this? If so PLEEEAAAAAASE help! 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Oneplus one no data on ROGERS!?

d3ranged
I've been here awhile

@hey10103 deleted all the APNs except for the Rogers LTE. Then used the same info that's in hey10103's first post. Now I have LTE.

Thanks everyone!

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

EhmTeeEhf
I'm a reliable contributor

Add the user name and password

Username:wapuser1

Password:wap

I advise every non rogers user to add this, 99% of the time you do not need it, that 1% of you do. I am a tech support rep and every time I hear about this issue, i advise them to add it. It works.

EhmTeeEhf

When I said Non rogers user, I meant NON ROGERS Phones! Sorry about that

Thank you for your response!

Unfortunately it did not work. It did get rid of the "no service - Rogers" sign on my lock screen, but unfortuantely I still have the network symbol with the exclamation mark beisde it and have no data :(

Click here for details

Sorry for the spoiler bar, I accidentally put it here and can't get rid of it^^ 

EhmTeeEhf

well if you did put that in and its not connecting, I would check for an OS update, or talk to 1+1 i know i have personally setup lots of 1+1's and never had a problem, also just make sure if you are using LTE, to disable it and try 4G. Sometimes i have seen devices that are unlocked and cannot authenticate on Rogers Data, its a possible LTE frequency issue. Try it and see, if it does support our LTE Frequencies properly, then it should work. I know we have a disclaimer about 3rd party devices, we do not guarantee connectivity but normally I have got like i said 99% of them working.

Hi @hey10103 - Hope I can be some assistance to you,

As @EhmTeeEhf stated, One Plus One isn't the issue. He is definitely right on that. Got it for my Bro, and that man uses 10-15 GB on his own... so Obviously data is working.

Rogers does provide disclaimer stating that Grey-Market Phones (Also referred to as 3rd party or Non-Rogers Phones) may not work on our network.

1 + 1 doesn't have variants. It is already an international unlocked phone. SO. we are talking about the same one I presume.

What is your Phone model / verison? Hope to shed some light on that as well.

OS Up to date? your Sim card is LTE? or you cut an old sim card? Sim card can sometime cause an issue as well.

Did 1+1 change their band? I wouldn't think so...

Two things I noticed were different from my Phone. (Note 3; Android and data working)

MMS proxy: 10.128.1.69 <<<
MMS proxy: mmsproxy.rogers.com

APN type: default,supl,mms <<<
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri

<<< is yours & the line below it is mine.

If you add an IP address in apn, it is bound to fail, because internal servers change all the time...

Hope this helps, try it - if it doesn't, please do tell.
I'll validate and copy all settings from my brother's 1+1 if needed.
However, make sure your spelling is wrong. 1 small error and it can make everything fail.

Also under Access Point Names menu.
I have 2 apn settings listing. Which 1 are you editing? I assume ROGERS LTE, not LTE Tethering?

Thanks,
Shak

Edit: Clarified above statment (Added formatting)

d3ranged
I've been here awhile

I have this same issue. no data whatsoever on the oneplus.

Just got the phone today.

-wifi works

-calls work

-texts work

Please help.

Hello @d3ranged,

Have you tried the suggestions by @ShakTiburon and @EhmTeeEhf? Please let us know. 

Thank you,

RogersHassam 

hey10103
I'm here a lot
I found a fix!!! Delete all your apps! All of them,create just ONE with Rogers LTE information and restart the phone

d3ranged
I've been here awhile

you mean delete all the APNs except for one?

What is the info you put for this one APN can you share?

@hey10103

d3ranged
I've been here awhile
@RogersHassam no luck on my end. I was on the support chat with oneplus and they said to flash phone and install the oxygen OS. I'm in the process of installing Oxygen now. it's such a pain...will update if it works.

d3ranged
I've been here awhile

@hey10103 deleted all the APNs except for the Rogers LTE. Then used the same info that's in hey10103's first post. Now I have LTE.

Thanks everyone!

hey10103
I'm here a lot
Name:Rogers LTE
APN: ltemobile.apn
proxy: not set
port: not set
username: wapuser1
password: wap
server: not set
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS port: 80
MMC:302
MNC: 720
Authentication type: not set
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: unspecified
MVNO type: none.

hey10103
I'm here a lot
Glad we could help

Sweet. Glad to hear it. 😄

Hello Everyone

I went through the painstaking task of testing each and every APN profile. The issue seems to be Rogers Tethering (ltedata.apn). As soon as I delete this profile (even though I have RGers LTE ltemobile.apn selected) my OPO connected immedatily. I was able to dupliate this result 3 times. Might be a corrupt profile? Not sure. 

Tested on Oneplus One

Cyanogen OS Version: 12.1-YOG4PAS1N0

Andriod Version: 5.1.1

The tethering profile isn't even used on my phone. Since the hotspot uses lte apn for my Android. o__o"

I am glad you tested that @SlickOPO - OnePlus One is unique, for my brother's OPO I only entered LTE apn, no Tethering was ever entered. He hasn't complained so I assume it's all good (he's the highest data user in the family lol)

ronesik
I've been here awhile

Thank you - THANK YOU!

For the first time I've owned this phone it's displaying that I'm attached to rogers lte network!  I lost data about a month ago and finally was able to do a follow up and low and behold it was that lte-tethering apn that was causing my issues.  Thanks very much for the fix!

Thank you, SlickOPO!

As soon as I deleted the ltedata.apn, I had LTE in 5 seconds.  That was "easy"!

Thanks for all of your hard work and concise answer!

Mike

EhmTeeEhf
Glad we could help you 🙂

EhmTeeEhf
Its probably a generic tethering apn, and its not required unless your plugging the phone in to use as a modem, which we don't do anymore. Its better to use a wifi hotspot 🙂
Topic Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 13 in conversation