Linked Accounts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Linked Accounts

I have this same linked account issue right after I changed my user name to email address when I was prompted to do so on 20 November. Live chats sevetal times and was promised to escalate but no help. Emailed to Management Office but not making progress. Just waited and waited.Finally everything back to normal and access to accounts details restored on 24 December. A x'mas gift from Rogers?
I'm an Advisor

pwnfong wrote:
I have this same linked account issue right after I changed my user name to email address when I was prompted to do so on 20 November. Live chats sevetal times and was promised to escalate but no help. Emailed to Management Office but not making progress. Just waited and waited.Finally everything back to normal and access to accounts details restored on 24 December. A x'mas gift from Rogers?

@pwnfong

Good to hear your issue has been resolved. Smiley Happy Wish I could say the same. Smiley Sad

At least some progress is being made. Maybe I should have taken a ticket before joining the line up.

I'm an Advisor

Thanks to an intervention by @RogersGabrielle I discovered that my case has been resolved and closed. The solution wasn't explained, though, so I did a little experimenting. As with many of you, when you are asked to link an account, you are told the account number you're using has already been linked.

After receiving a message from @RogersGabrielle I tried linking my account number again and it worked. I went through the procedure many, many times over 6+ weeks, and always got the error message.

I hope this solution works for all of you who are still having the problem.

Kudos to @RogersGabrielle Smiley Happy

I'm an Advisor

Even though My Rogers now works, after signing in more than once, I get a screen with the little bouncing things, but nothing happens. I have to close and restart my browser before it works properly again.

I've Been Here Awhile

Good to hear they are making some progress on this. My ticket has been open for a couple of months now.

My account still isn't linked and trying to re-link gives me the same error message as before.

Frustrating since I missed out on streaming the World Junior games over the holidays since my myRogers account doesn't "know" that I subscribe to TSN.

I'm an Advisor

alexmorrison wrote:

Good to hear they are making some progress on this. My ticket has been open for a couple of months now.

My account still isn't linked and trying to re-link gives me the same error message as before.

Frustrating since I missed out on streaming the World Junior games over the holidays since my myRogers account doesn't "know" that I subscribe to TSN.

@alexmorrison

Sorry to hear that. You'd think the solution for all of us would be the same. I'm assuming someone went into the database and removed any linked accounts so you could enter them again.

I'm an Advisor

I had one more surprise after getting this linked account thing fixed. I have always used online billing, which dates way, way back, to the extent I can't even remember when Rogers first implemented it. For the last 2 months, I have not been receiving an email notification that my bill is ready. This is coincident with the linked account loop problem, which started almost 7 weeks ago. When I successfully linked my account a few days ago, there was a check box to select online billing, which was checked by default, so I left it that way. Much to my surprise, I received an email from Rogers thanking me for signing up for online billing. A couple of days later, I received a paper bill in the mail, so it appears that Rogers is treating me as a new customer. I'm assuming I'll be back on online billing next month, but only time will tell.Smiley Tongue

I'm a Senior Contributor

I'd think that customer A is customer A  and that all customer A"s services would be  on customer A's account .  From what @jimboden and many others have gone through recently ,and from I went through a number of years ago ... it seems that Rogers has a lot of trouble keeping things straight.

What is all this linking and such ? My account is my account and my services should be on that account from square one ... why is it being changed all the time? 

Just seems like a system just begging  to be hacked ?  And from the time it takes to get anything fixed around here , who knows how long it would take for a hack to be realized .  Smiley Sad

It is neat to see all the likes  you got from Rogers staff when your issue was  resolved @jimboden .  Must have been  a big sigh of relief in the Community helps office when they finally got a resident expert's issue resolved after 7 weeks. Smiley Wink

I Plan to Stick Around

@jimboden

I switched over to the new system with email as my login earlier than most customers when Rogers was handling another problem on my account and asked if I wanted to switch over at that time since the change was imminent (they didn't fix the original problem, but hey, I was signed up to the new improved system! Well, you all know the problems that caused). When they switched me over, I also got the "thanks for signing up for online billing" even though I had been using that method for years. I didn't receive a paper bill though. I suspect you got the bill in the mail because of your open ticket. They didn't want you with an excuse to not pay your bill!

P.S. You wouldn't believe how long it took me to finally sign in to the forums. Even though I was signed it, it kept bringing me to Rogers' main page to sign in again. Every. Time. >:-( This is another ongoing problem.

I'm an Advisor

barndoor wrote:

I'd think that customer A is customer A  and that all customer A"s services would be  on customer A's account .  From what @jimboden and many others have gone through recently ,and from I went through a number of years ago ... it seems that Rogers has a lot of trouble keeping things straight.

What is all this linking and such ? My account is my account and my services should be on that account from square one ... why is it being changed all the time? 

Just seems like a system just begging  to be hacked ?  And from the time it takes to get anything fixed around here , who knows how long it would take for a hack to be realized .  Smiley Sad

It is neat to see all the likes  you got from Rogers staff when your issue was  resolved @jimboden .  Must have been  a big sigh of relief in the Community helps office when they finally got a resident expert's issue resolved after 7 weeks. Smiley Wink

@barndoor

I'm only guessing, but I think the request to link an account may have been because we were forced to change our user ID. Of course, that came out of nowhere, and there was no explanation from anyone at Rogers why we had to switch to our email address. As I said in another post somewhere, I get regular emails from Rogers about what's going on, and it should have been simple to warn us about the upcoming change, along with an explanation why they were doing it. No such luck, though.Smiley Tongue

Topic Stats