HST taxes have increased from last months bill

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

HST taxes have increased from last months bill

Can anyone explain why my Jun 2016 Rogers bill has the HST tax calculated with the discounts included and my recent Jul 2016 bill has the HST tax calculated with the discounts excluded? For example, in June say charges of $50 and discounts of $10 and tax calculated on the $40. Now in July, the HST tax is calculated on the $50. Hmmm ...

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: HST taxes have increased from last months bill

Good evening @mckeehome,

Welcome to the Community Forums Cat Happy!

We apologize for the error on your invoice.  Adjustments for the incorrect tax amount will be applied to affected customers, which will reduce your balance due.

You will see these credits on your next invoice.  You will not need to call, chat or get back to us in order to receive the credit.  Hope this helps!

Thank you for bringing this to the Communities attention.  We look forward to your future contributions Smiley Happy.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I've Been Here Awhile

Same issue here, HST went up on both Internet and TV without any increase in charges. Had to call to get a credit applied

I've Been Around

I caught this on my last bill and called. Waiting for next bill due in a few days to see if credit has been applied... Why was there no notification from Rogers to customers who had been affected or a notice posted on the rogers site to inform people of this issue? How many customers were affected?
I've Been Around

I was also affected, imagine the money they would make if no one were to speak up.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Edited due to a calculation error that may have misled others - I edited it.

Sorry, Bruce

But great catch - odd one to happen - this stuff is pretty much hard coded into financial systems, and only way an error like this happens is that a discount gets coded in error as an adjustment to a bill (e.g., early or late payment), but any bulk discount on a price, even if calculated after the fact (e.g., product priced in error), the HST is on the discounted price (e.g., a 50.00 service or product, with a 10% discount will have HST calculated on 45.00, not 50.00).

Glad you caught it and that Rogers is adjusting impacted customers, but I still need to take a close look at my own bill to see if mine is ok.

And why do I look at my bill closely every month - because errors in billing happen at times.  I could easily have missed one in that period as I changed plans during that period.

Again, thanks so much for catching and reporting this issue.

And to Rogers for taking responsibility to adjust the error.

Question though - will their systems catch this for all it applies to, or do we all have to locate and check for it?  Just wondering.

Bruce

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 in conversation