Can't activate Extreme Texting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Can't activate Extreme Texting

Logged into Rogers Self Serve, click on account, click on phone line, scroll down to "Extreme Texting", click on that and the app goes to a page that says "Extreme Text Messaging" and nothing else. 

Has anyone else been able to activate their Extreme Text Messaging?

Trying to Copy all text messages to an email address but cannot get to the admin page.

***Edited Labels***

Re: Can't activate Extreme Texting

Good evening @mark_goldberg,

Thank you for your post!

We appreciate your contribution to the Rogers Community.

I can imagine that being unable to use such a useful feature must cause some inconveniences.

I'm sincerely hoping the issue, preventing you from activating the copy function, has been resolved since you posted. Are you still getting the same error message at this time?

You can access your Extreme Text Messaging features through the MyRogers or Business Self-Serve app. 

1. Open the MyRogers or Business Self-Serve app on your device.
  2. Select your wireless number.
  3. Under Manage My Phone, you'll see Extreme Texting.

Make sure that you're connected to mobile network (cellular data), to ensure that you access all the functionalities.

• Is it the first time that you notice you are unable to activate or adjust any of the Extreme Texting options?
  • What troubleshooting measures have you tried so far?

Let us know; I certainly want to help you resolve this as soon as possible!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

Yes I have the same issue! Did you resolve this yet? It’s like it won’t load? I click the icon on my Rogers app that say extreme text but then the page under that is just blank with no option to turn on the features! I’ve tried downloading the app and deleting it again, resetting my phone, singing in and out. Singing in on my iPad and it still does the same! Also can’t use the business account since it’s for personal use. Help?
I'm Here A Lot

It is apparently a system wide problem. Surprised you aren't aware of that, Maude

Good day @Ballinthebasket & hello again @mark_goldberg,

Thanks for your posts!

An outage is actually affecting Extreme Text Messaging, at this time.

Users can’t manage this service using MyRogers or right from rogers.com/m/extremetext.

Our Extreme Text Messaging service is experiencing technical issues.

The supplier of this platform is currently investigating. We’re actively working towards resolving this issue as soon as possible.

If you’ve already set up Extreme Text Messaging, the service seems to work normally.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

PLEASE FIX EXTREME TEXTING!
It has been down for a week and ive called a couple times only to hear back they will get to it when they get to it

I've Been Here Awhile

I cannot deactivate SMS forwarding which was set up before this problem. Is there a resolution coming soon?

Hi @CellSolution!

I'd like to help however I need a little more info. Are you forwarding texts from your phone or are you using another device or app to forward texts?

Please let me know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

c'mon Corey, please read the thread. We are trying to use Extreme Texting, a service offered by Rogers, but the administrative interface is broken and has been such for 2 weeks now. 

Try it yourself. Open your Rogers Self Serve app (or Rogers Business Self Serve) and click on your wireless phone number. Scroll down on that page, below where it shows "Data | Voice | Messaging" and below where it says "Current Plan" to where it says "Manage My Phone".

One of the options is "Extreme Texting". Click on that. It takes you to a blank page. What is supposed to be there is an interface that lets you Forward all SMS messages, add a signature line, copy all messages, etc. This interface is broken and it is unbelievable that a feature can be down for 2 weeks and no one seems to have any sense of urgency to restore service.

I've Been Here Awhile

I used the app to forward texts before the problem, now i am unable to deactivate the forwarding.
Topic Stats