cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Smart Home app not connecting

alvinlau
I've been here awhile

On the smart home app, I keep getting an error saying it can't connect and telling me to connect to WiFi or data, and my phone is on data, Smart Home on its own cell signal. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall and I don't see an option to upgrade the firmware on the smart home device itself. The app developer via Google Play suggested I post my issue here.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Smart Home app not connecting

RogersMoin

Hello, @alvinlau.

We appreciate the additional info. If you have the Ignite Self Protect system, the Ignite HomeConnect app must be used to manage the service. 

Since you have the touchpad, you may still have the legacy Smart Home Monitoring system, which typically uses a Netgear router. Please Live Chat with us so that we can sort this out for you. 

I appreciate your patience. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersTony

Hello, @alvinlau 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We know how important it is to ensure your home monitoring system is connecting properly. It sounds like the touchpad may not be connecting to Wi-Fi. Do you have a Netgear router connecting to your internet modem? If yes, please reboot the Netgear router by power cycling the device.

Once completed, please reboot the home monitoring touchpad via the steps below:

From the touchpad press Settings.
Enter Master Code.
Select Advanced Settings.
Choose Reboot Touchpad.
Choose Reboot Touchpad again.
Enter Master Code.
The touchpad will shut down and restart.

Let us know if issues are persistent.

RogersTony

alvinlau
I've been here awhile

I do not have a netgear router. I have whatever Rogers Ignite recently has as part of its Ignite plan. I've also restarted the touchpad and still getting that error.

RogersMoin

Hello, @alvinlau.

We appreciate the additional info. If you have the Ignite Self Protect system, the Ignite HomeConnect app must be used to manage the service. 

Since you have the touchpad, you may still have the legacy Smart Home Monitoring system, which typically uses a Netgear router. Please Live Chat with us so that we can sort this out for you. 

I appreciate your patience. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation