cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE MF970 LTE WiFi Router - Change DHCP IP Address Range?

coolspot
I plan to stick around

Hi all,

How do I change the IP Address range on the ZTE MF970? 

The settings on the "Router" tab are all "disabled" and don't seem to be changable.

Thanks.

*Edited Labels*

5 REPLIES 5

Re: ZTE MF970 LTE WiFi Router - Change DHCP IP Address Range?

RogersCorey

Good morning @coolspot!

How are you today?

I know you were hoping to hear otherwise but there is no way to manually change your IP address. We use Dynamic DHCP which automatically assigns you an IP address on a recurring lease. It's possible you'll get a new IP address on your next renew but it's also possible to retain the same IP address.

Is there any reason in particular you want to change it?

Regards,

RogersCorey

coolspot
I plan to stick around

@RogersCorey

Hello Corey,

I'm talking about the LAN (local) router's DHCP IP Address... the MF970 is handling out IP addresses in the range of 192.168.0.X but I like to make modifications to this.

The "Router" tab on the MF970 is supposed to be editable, but on my MF970 those settings are locked. If I hover over any settings, I get a  "disabled" icon.

The manual says these settings are editable, but again, seems on the device it is locked?

i.e. manual here: https://www.ztedevices.ca/media/wysiwyg/MF970%20user%20guide%20V1.2%20en.pdf

Page #28 - DHCP settings.

Thanks!

Hi again @coolspot!

Unfortunately we have no way to activate locked settings. If you require access to additional settings such as this, you may need to connect your own router.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Hi Corey, how do i phisically connect the router to the hot spot unit

Gerry

Hello @geezee12,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Getting a Router hooked up to your Hot Spot would definitely allow a lot more freedom in terms of the settings you choose.

Regrettably, upon further review, it doesn't appear to be possible to connect this device up to a router as it does not appear to have an Ethernet port to connect to a Router. There is a USB port but I am unsure if a Router can be connected through there.

If anyone in the Community is familiar with how to connect a Router to the ZTE MF970 device feel free to chime in!

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation