cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rocket Stick

chinook1
I plan to stick around

I want to get a rocket stick,but at the store they say you don't have them anymore and yet the rocket stick in on your site.

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rocket Stick

RogersMaude

Good evening @chinook1,

Thanks for your post & Welcome to the Rogers Community!

I understand your interest for the Huawei Rocket Stick as it fulfills particular needs suchs as a wireless connection on the go! It will be my pleasure to help you shed some light on this.

I can assure you that we still offer the Rocket Stick and the fact that the retail location you visited did not have any in stock seems like the most plausible reason why you would have been given that information.

If you absolutely want to pick up the device in store, I'd recommend you to access the Store Locator in order to find the stores closest to you. Then, give them a call before physically going there, to make sure they have the Rocket Stick in stock.

You also have the option of calling in to place the order with one of our Customer Service Representatives.

To do so, please dial 1 (800) 616-6286.

You also have the ability to go through Live Chat, to complete the new activation and have the stick sent at home.

For more information on the plans available and how to make the purchase, visit this page.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersMaude

Good evening @chinook1,

Thanks for your post & Welcome to the Rogers Community!

I understand your interest for the Huawei Rocket Stick as it fulfills particular needs suchs as a wireless connection on the go! It will be my pleasure to help you shed some light on this.

I can assure you that we still offer the Rocket Stick and the fact that the retail location you visited did not have any in stock seems like the most plausible reason why you would have been given that information.

If you absolutely want to pick up the device in store, I'd recommend you to access the Store Locator in order to find the stores closest to you. Then, give them a call before physically going there, to make sure they have the Rocket Stick in stock.

You also have the option of calling in to place the order with one of our Customer Service Representatives.

To do so, please dial 1 (800) 616-6286.

You also have the ability to go through Live Chat, to complete the new activation and have the stick sent at home.

For more information on the plans available and how to make the purchase, visit this page.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

chinook1
I plan to stick around

It is just that the sales people at the store said Rogers did not sell the rocket stick anymore.

I planed on stopping at a different store tomorrow to double check then thought I would ask in the forum.

Thank you for your reply.

You're very welcome @chinook1!

Don't hesitate to get in touch with the retail location you plan on visiting, before showing up, to ensure they have the Rocket Stick in stock.

Good luck with the new activation & Let us know if you need further assistance! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

DaveW
I've been here awhile
Link to page "to purchase" now shows only MiFi 7000 Hotspot and MF279 Hub. No Rocket Stick!

BruceN44
I've been here awhile

As of October 27, 2021 at 06:51 EDT:

1) This looks like the words of one of my earlier issues. I am Bruce Martin in Pointe Claire QC (Note: in case you are not familiar with this area,I am a short bus ride from your Boutique in the Fairview Shopping centre, Pointe Claire.) This refers below also.

2) Why I like the Rocket stick (itself, service aside). Using this to house what (in the tech market background) is the expensive transceiver circuit that is needed for all mobile data use, is that A person (such as a long haul trucker) can use multiple sticks with different providers, especially if this involves frequent border crossings, wthout needing to physically handle SIMs when changing after border crossings.

3) Trucking is one of a number of rough, dirty jobs that need mobility, but are not good places to need to physically handle SIMS. Hence for a trucker to have several Rocket Sticks, now unlocked, means he can get accounts in the U.S. or possibly with Telmex Mexico according to his multinational route needs, and use them with a Mobile router, such as a Mofinework unit, easily switching them just after crossing an international border.

4) I bought a Rocket stick before the newer unlocking law, and would like to have it unlocked before this becomes a bigger problem. However,when I asked about that at the boutique in Fairview I was told they don't have Rocket sticks any more, to a client this proves to be a lie, especially when he later sees them on sale online at about150% of what he had originally paid for the first one!

This also can look like a bait and switch!

This device could also be a help for certain classes of air pilot, for vaguely similar reasons. While t is not intended to replace the use of Aviation VHF or HF radio, it can be a help in its own right, especially if the pilot has an unexpected lay-over in changing conditions. (Might also be good for the cabin crew members also, depending on circumstances of each.)

4) I also have a dead SIM which belongs to a veryold grandfather account which has been "archived".

After an absurd amount of run-around and inconvenient attempts to fully resolve this issue, it appears that this SIM may be hardware obsolete and needs a physical replacement which I don't feel should cost me for the replacement and reprogramming of the old account as the grandfather plan it was.

In a number of hours, I may visit the Rogers boutique, and I would like someone to simly mandate them to make the SIM upgrade without cost so I can get the Android working again with that account.

Also, I would like to have them unlock the old rocket stick,as required by law, however if this truly is physically impossible, to provide what compensation would fit with the new law in accordance with said statutory costs or lack of same (details TBD).

5) Q: Is there a 5G capable device like the stick, which preferable does not require yet another battery but could be powered by a USB connection, or possibly used with a Mofinetwork mobile router, or similar device that is not locked to a provider or specific proprietorised service? Possibly the nwer modeld of rocket stick have been upgraded to accommodate this??

Hello, @BruceN44

Thank you for your detailed post.

I can understand how important it is to have access to a reliable mobile internet device especially if you are on the road often as a truck driver.

At the moment, we do not carry any 5G compatible mobile internet devices. You can see all available mobile internet devices on the Rogers website located here.

These devices are all battery powered and should still work while connected to a USB charger. They are not locked to the Rogers network so you can use the device with other providers as long as you have a compatible SIM card.

I am not seeing any Rocket Stick devices on the Rogers website but we do have Mobile Hot Spot and Rocket Hub devices. These devices provide Wi-Fi and some of them also have Ethernet ports so they would be able to replace your Mo-Fi mobile router. The antenna on these device are internal so the design is much sleeker than devices with external antennas.

I hope this has been helpful to you.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation