cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet mobile ZTE failings, answer from Rogers, get a new mobile device?

Wanting2know
I've been here awhile

Was told after many years of working alright that my recent connection problems have to do with my rocket stick & not their service. Is this true? Or is Rogers & other tech companies, etc, just trying to get me to upgrade to spend my hard earned money on them when in truth it doesn't have to be that way at all? 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Internet mobile ZTE failings, answer from Rogers, get a new mobile device?

LinnyC
I've been here awhile

I, too, have had a similar experience.  Our Hub (LTE Rocket™ Hub - ZTE MF28B) was working well until a couple of months ago when suddenly became unable to use my iPad for Facetime, and our internet speeds on our computers dropped by half!  I have done everything suggested by Rogers, including getting a new SIM card, but the problems continue.  Do I need to get a new Hub (which I don't mind if it works), or is there an issue with the Rogers network that would make upgrading a waste of time and money?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersZia

Hello and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @Wanting2know Robot Happy!

I realize the experience gets a little challenging with the older devices. What device do you currently have and how long have you had it for? 

Could you please elaborate a little on what connection issues you are experiencing? Just need a little bit more information to assist you further.

RogersZia

LinnyC
I've been here awhile

I, too, have had a similar experience.  Our Hub (LTE Rocket™ Hub - ZTE MF28B) was working well until a couple of months ago when suddenly became unable to use my iPad for Facetime, and our internet speeds on our computers dropped by half!  I have done everything suggested by Rogers, including getting a new SIM card, but the problems continue.  Do I need to get a new Hub (which I don't mind if it works), or is there an issue with the Rogers network that would make upgrading a waste of time and money?

I think you need to get a new Hub.

LinnyC
I've been here awhile

I am inclined to agree, but I hate the thought of spending all that money only to find it still dos not work!

northofbolton
I plan to stick around

The newer ZTE is a much better hub in my opinion.  I did have a ZTE MF28B and it never performed very well despite repeated attempts over the few years I had it.  I ended up reverting back to my old 3G Netcom hub.  I now have two of the newer ZTE hubs and both work fine.  I don't use either hub's wireless router functionality so can't speak to that.  I have two Asus routers that handle the wired and wireless connections in my home.  In addition I utilize a booster connected to a rooftop directional antenna which gives me a reasonably good signal.  Without the antenna and booster my signal would not be as usable due to my surroundings. 

Wanting2know
I've been here awhile
I tried to answer you before here Zia but there were problems on the Rogers end as I would get an automated window saying as such from them. I've had my device since 2009, & low and behold a few times after this posting the connection to your service improved, as long as I was hooked up to a constant video download from you tube, otherwise I'd be dropped? Now though sometimes it works without doing that. Now hows that for a questionable service? I really wonder if you're all in it (apple, rogers, microsoft, etc.) to force me to upgrade saying I need to when I don't. Just be honest (Rogers) if you're under maintenance then say so & fix your issues, but please don't blame the consumer & tell them to buy a new device altogether, I pay for your service, & paid for your device, if there's an issue with it & you know it, it should be on rogers end to pay for a new one, not me (your constant paying customer, & never owing you of your services) . Thanks.
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation