cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are all the RogersOpen Hotspots?

disgruntledone
I've been around

Since being forced to move to Rogers, from Shaw, my data use increase 4x and now I'm always over my limit which never once happened, ever - at Shaw.  I went to https://www.shaw.ca/internet/wifi/find-a-wifi-hotspot and drove to some of those hotspots shown to connect to them as per the instructions but they were not there, where they were supposed to be.  There were hotspots but they weren't Rogers Open, they belonged to businesses and you had to put the room number in where you were registered for example.   I called 611 and after having to answer too many  questions  the support rep hadn't the foggiest bout anything which has been my experience ever time at Rogers.   I just hung up after 10 minutes of "just checking, please hold".  I don't even think he even knew what a hotspot is.    Where are all the Rogers Open Hotspots???

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Where are all the RogersOpen Hotspots?

RogersJermaine

Hi @disgruntledone,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, and thank you for your post!

If you have those connected hotspots previously saved with the Shaw details, you would need to reconnect to the new hotspot called RogersOpen. If you are near a Rogers WiFi Hotspots, RogersOpen will appear as a network option on your device. You will then be able to connect to Rogers WiFi Hotspots by selecting RogersOpen from the list of WiFi network names appearing on your device.

You can find our more information on how to register your device or sign in as a guest here.

If you are still having any issues connecting, you can reach out to our support team here.

Hope this information helps.

RogersJermaine

GCP
I've been around
I have the very same issue and Rogers has been no help!

Good afternoon! 

To provide further clarification...

If you’re a Shaw Internet customer using an iOS device with iOS 8 or higher, you can register to use the ShawPasspoint WiFi network. During registration, you may be instructed to download a profile to your phone.

If you’re not a current customer, or using a non-iOS device (or an iOS device using iOS 7 or lower), you can use the RogersOpen WiFi network.

Regards,

RogersCorey

smoffedi
I've been around

Rogers is an absolute mess. They clearly have not thought this whole Shaw to Rogers migration thing through and customers are suffering for it. RogersOpen is unaccessible. I've tried using my passcode, ShawID, Rogers ID, I've reset all passwords on all my accounts and am able to access my accounts/profile on both the Shaw and Rogers website but it won't accept those same credentials when I use them to logon to the RogersOpen network. Then when you try to use the self-directed website link to manually add a device, it says 'get started' and 'find a hotspot' on the map and you can SEE ALL THE AVAILABLE hotspots on the map but when you click it nothing happens or it opens up to a nearby business google map link. The developers are clearly sleeping on the job. FIX THE HOTSPOT REGISTRATION PORTAL. IT IS INCOMPLETE. THE DEVELOPER did not finish the work. It has a bug or is not finished.

jmac11
I've been around
I’ve had the exact same problem in that I’m unable to connect to a Rogers hotpot using my Shaw credentials. No one from either Shaw or Rogers can help. I’ve “escalated” my concern on three occasions and each time a manager calls back and says the back end team is working on it and I should hear back in a couple of days with a resolution…and crickets. This has been going on since the first week of September. I’m giving it another week and I’ll switch providers. My family has been using way more data as a result of Rogers/Shaw incompetency.

Code604
I've been here awhile

I’m dealing with this now. Why should I have to have a Shaw ID to sign in as a Rogers wireless customer? Still, we are Shaw customers, but that Home Internet is under my husband’s name, adding to the hassles for ME to sign in at hot spots. R.i.d.i.c.u.l.o.u.s. NOTHING lets me sign in. Hello, Telus?

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 in conversation