cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Different Router with 5G Home Internet

Bodom-
I've been here awhile
Hey Roger’s Forums,

Currently I have the new Rogers 5G Home Internet package that comes paired with the Nokia FastMile and am trying to use the SIM in a different router with no luck. I’m trying to get it working with a Nighthawk M6 Pro (MR6550) as there will be times I don’t have power for the Nokia FastMile, and continually get two errors. The first error tells me I need to confirm the APN, which I copied from the FastMile, turns out it doesn’t use the standard Rogers APN, but uses fwach2.apn instead. The second error tells me “MM#6: Restrictions on the data plan is detected. Please contact your ISP.” which I have done, but no one seems to be able to give a definitive answer on why it doesn’t work. Even with the correct APN I’m unable to connect.

So I came here in hopes of finding an answer, or even a different device that is compatible.

TIA!

Edit: i should also mention the results are the same when using the normal Rogers APN settings.

***Edited Labels***
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Use Different Router with 5G Home Internet

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bodom- I have no idea whether your router is compatible with Rogers' service.  Rogers certainly won't provide any support for it.

How do you have the network settings configured?  I believe Rogers' mobile networks are built on an IPv6 core and use 464XLAT to provide IPv4 connectivity.

Spectrox
I plan to stick around

The SIM that comes with the Nokia FastMile Gateway is locked to range IMEI’s. It will not function in other devices.

Bodom-
I've been here awhile

I believe this is the answer.  
The included SIM wouldn't work on any device, even other devices that currently work on the Rogers network.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation