cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wyze Cams not working with Rogers Mobile Data

JcKobeLiam
I've been around

I have been using Wyze Cams for quite sometime now with no issue until recently. I can view livestream when connected to my home wifi but soon as I use my Rogers data it will says loading/trying 3 times and it failed. I tried to view it using my relatives wifi and encounter the same connection error. I tried port forwarding with no luck as well. The only time I can view my camera is turning on/off my camera and it will work but soon as I close my wyze app and view again it will show the same error. Anyone having the same issue and was able to fix it?

**Labels Added**

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Wyze Cams not working with Rogers Mobile Data

RogersJermaine

Hi @JcKobeLiam,

Thank you for joining us here on the Rogers Community Forums, and we appreciate you posting your inquiry here.

That is a strange issue that you are facing, that the cameras are working on your home internet connection but not while you are connected to cellular data. It is also strange not being able to connect at another location using their Wi-Fi. Do you have any third-party apps installed on your mobile device (firewall or VPN)? Have you tried using another mobile device, and are you having the same issue?

Regards

RogersJermaine

kelvintsui
I've been around

I am having the exact same problem with my cameras as well recently.

I did some research online and it could be the ipv4/ipv6 settings. 

jeychel
I've been here awhile
I am having the same problem, all of my cameras working good when Im at home but not when Im away since when I upgrade to Ignite modem/router.

Good morning!

I use a Euphy brand camera and I can access my camera remotely while on data without any issues or additional setup. This must be an issue that's unique to Wyze brand cameras and not an issue inherent to the service directly.

Have you attempted yet to contact Wyze directly for troubleshooting support with their product?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Gordeta
I've been here awhile
This is the exact issue I'm having!!! Anyone find the solution yet?

jeychel
I've been here awhile
Problem Solved! I requested Shaw to replaced my gateway modem/router and now my camears finally working again even if Im away from home using.my phone data and even here at the office using their wifi...

Gordeta
I've been here awhile
Can you let me know exactly what you told them to get them to switch out the modem/router?

jeychel
I've been here awhile

omg. I talked several people at their support and told them that I already did everything except replacing modem/router, and thats my last option but they didnt believed on me, and they always said that my router is no problem and working good. But suddenly came up on my mind that the only thing for it to be replace my router is by upgrading it. but since Im on ignite 1gig plan and using gen2 routern, I am entitled to upgrage it to gen3 without paying anything, so I directly called the billing department to arrange for an gateway modem/router upgrade. and then I installed it by myself...and until now all my cameras is still working again like a charm wherever I am....well just hoping it will work for you too...goodluck
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation