cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Home Internet - Antenna

aprussky
I've been here awhile

Have unhooked Ethernet cable at antenna. Goes to grounding box. What is this loose wire for?

*Added Labels*

WHI

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Wireless Home Internet - Antenna

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Pardon me but I have absolutely no idea what you are asking? care to elaborate? 

aprussky
I've been here awhile

Very simple. One black wire hooked to the antenna and this other loose wire also at the antenna not hooked two anything.

It does run down to the grounding box. Can send picture but don't know how to attach to this discussion.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I also have no idea what you're talking about either. Are you talking about a real antenna to receive OTA (over the air) signals? If so, why are you discussing it in a Rogers forum?  Are you talking about an incoming coax cable for Rogers TV and Internet?

To attach a photo start a reply post and click on the camera icon at the top of the text box to attach a photo. If you are using a tablet or phone, you'll need to switch to "desktop mode" in the browser to see the camera icon and follow the instructions to attach a photo.

A detailed question or response would be more helpful than "a man of few words" post.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

I also have no idea what you're talking about either. Are you talking about a real antenna to receive OTA (over the air) signals? If so, why are you discussing it in a Rogers forum?  Are you talking about an incoming coax cable for Rogers TV and Internet?

Subject line says Wireless Home Internet.

@aprussky  Which of the following looks like what you have installed in your home?

https://www.rogers.com/support/internet/how-to-reboot-your-wireless-home-internet-modem-and-poe-adap...

https://www.rogers.com/support/internet/how-to-reboot-your-cradlepoint-router

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation