Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart Home Monitoring - error connecting to server

[ Edited ]
I'm Here A Lot

Smart Home Monitoring - error connecting to server

[ Edited ]

I have been having an issue the last several hours of trying to connect to smart home monitoring through the app saying "error connecting to server". I checked my internet and its been working fine. Checked on all devices and same issue.

***Added Labels***

Re: Smart Home Monitoring - error connecting to server

I've Been Here Awhile

I have same error as well, glad it's just not me.

This really reduces my confidence in the Rogers security system since it seems like system wide issues.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert

[ Edited ]
Hello @sg232 @teknowiz

This could be the answer why. I got this text a couple day ago..

" Rogers service message: As part of our ongoing improvements to your Rogers Smart Home Monitoring service, we will be updating the software on your Touchpad with new features, security updates and bug fixes. Specifically, new enhancements to our popular free 24x7 Video recording feature that allows you to continuously record one HD camera 24 hours/day for 7 days. This update will automatically occur in the next two weeks at an idle time when your system is DIS-Armed. The upgrade takes approximately 5-10 minutes, and your system will be unavailable for use during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for being a Smart Home Monitoring customer. "

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the info. I never got this text and issue started while system was armed so not sure is it was due to the update. Touchpad was responsive, just not able to use smartphone app to login.

Issue seems fixed now.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the update. Issue got fixed last night. 

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation