Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

RandomZero doesn't care anymore as he's now cancelled w/Rogers.  Along with this issue, Rogers was suspending his account, and on calling in to find out why, agents kept lying to him saying he had a botnet, turns out Rogers just didn't like his bandwidth usage.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25374590-Suspended-for-botnet-activity.

So.. RogersErin..  Rogers is now losing customers because this isn't getting fixed and because of lack of proper customer service...

We need an update.

I've Been Around

I don't have this problem with WoW - I have this problem with HoN.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hey guys,

I play HoN (DOTA spinoff) and a lot of our players on Rogers are having problems with disconnects the past month. Usually 1-5 second disconnects with the game server. I've seen some players with different ISPs having similar problems, but the majority of complaints I've found are coming from Roger and other Canadian customers.

HoN uses:

Port 80 (Login/Update)
Port 11031 (Chat System)
Port 11235 to 11335 (Game Server, All 100 ports at random)

Trying to isolate whether it's a Rogers or HoN issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

It seems to be Blizzard products in General, in combination with Rogers.

Rogers DPI system is dropping packets to both WoW and to Starcraft II players.

This issue does not affect Rift Beta.

Both the issue itself, and the blatant lack of help, is getting to obnoxious levels.

Rogers at it's finest.

I remember when you were a good company. What went wrong?

Lol.. So now this issue is affecting me when it wasn't previously.  Great job Rogers.. Thank you for your incompetence, and making it a much easier decision for me to leave Rogers in the dust and switch to Teksavvy.

Rogers has had the email address for Blizzard for 2 weeks now.

On top of that, Blizzard has repeatedly emailed Rogers regarding this issue.

There has been NO RESPONSE from Rogers.

Rogers users, please view the Canadian ISP thread on the WoW forums for further information.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have been having the same issue and have had Rogers give me the run around for over 2 months.  The only reason why I have internet is for my family and I to play World of Warcraft and we can't.  If it is not resolved in the next few weeks Rogers will be losing my business (including cable and phone) and I will NEVER return to the company for anything.  I have actually had employees tell me its not their problem, its mine....nice answer!!

I Plan to Stick Around

This still continues to be an issue.

I'm still not receiving any assistance.

I'm still a customer of Rogers.

I want an update.

To all Rogers users: Please view page 13, post #253 of the Canadian ISP Latency issues sticky for further instructions.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have contacted Rogers numerous times regarding this issue.   Every time I am directed elsewhere.  So frustrating.

I Plan to Stick Around

need to find a way for them to pay on a constant basis cause for sure they would be the first ones to make a change.