Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

harishroff
I've been around

we would also like to participate in the upgrade of the moderm

Hello @harishroff

Please refer to the above post (message 123), for instructions on how to participate with firmware trial

RogersCilio

Eelsisy
I've been here awhile
Please send me the firmware update as my chromecast icon is not showing

Hello, @Eelsisy

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Please see the message 123 above for the detailed instructions on how to receive the firmware update, thank you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Is there a difference from 4.5.8.21 and 4.5.8.22 for online gaming ?

skg1
I've been here awhile

I heard 4.5.8.22 version works for chromecast. Please send me the link to upgrade my software.

afawal2014
I've been around

Please register me for this Trial

Hello, @skg1 and @afawal2014

Thank you for your interest in the firmware trial. Please send the CommunityHelps a private message to receive the firmware by following the steps below;

1. Click this link - CommunityHelps
  2. On the CommunityHelps' profile page which opens up, on the top right side click on "SEND THIS USER A PRIVATE MESSAGE"
  3. In the Message Subject box, please type in Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial and send the message

We will be in touch with you with further instructions until the firmware is deployed, thank you for your participation. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

amyrice
I've been around

My Google Chromecast no longer works due to a possible modem issue.

Could you please preform the update needed.

@RogersMargaret wrote:

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

• Security enhancements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

@RogersMargaret wrote:

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

• Security enhancements

Thank you

Amy 

Hello, @amyrice

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. Would you please follow the instructions listed in message 133 to receive the firmware update, thank you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

steelegraeme
I've been here awhile

My google chromecast device cannot be found. The google support team sent me this link to upgrade the modem and said that will resolve the chromecast issue. Can you please advise me on how to complete this?

Thank you

Jurk
I've been here awhile

Hi,
I am having trouble using chromecast because of my router and was told to sign up here.... So sign me up? /pls help. Thanks!

Hello, @steelegraeme and @Jurk

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums. Please see the detailed instructions posted in the message 133 to receive the firmware update, thank you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

User3737
I've been around

I would like to test, please advise what is the next step.

Thx

user12343543
I plan to stick around

@SunnyShiny1 wrote:

Rogers should inform all clients the current chromecast problem which yet to be solved. It is frustrating to see the way Rogers handle this problem. Customers are invited to a Firmware Trail, which it seems asking customers to be the testers. Should Rogers have a team of QA doing the testing ? Like any other project, there should be a date of deployment, or at least milestones.

Thank you

A test divison? That would require spending money! The testing at rogers was basically turning it on and seeing if google works lol. 

rovshanechka
I've been around

Hi there, Can I please try out your new Rocket Wi-fi Modem. The current CGN3AMR I am using drops signal quite often, cannot connect to devices such as Chromecast, etc. Cheers

tylereidt
I've been here awhile

I am interested in participating in this firmware trial as I am having issues using my Chromecast.

Ber1
I've been around

I would like an upgrade for the Firmware Trial.

bowenhou1
I've been here awhile

I've had some problems using Chromecast and have been directed by Google staff to try this trial. Would love to give it a shot.

Thanks!

Hello, @rovshanechka@tylereidt@Ber1 and @bowenhou1

Thank you all for your interest in the firmware trial. Please send the CommunityHelps a private message to receive the firmware by following the steps below;

1. Click this link - CommunityHelps
  2. On the CommunityHelps' profile page which opens up, on the top right side click on "SEND THIS USER A PRIVATE MESSAGE"
  3. In the Message Subject box, please type in Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial and send the message

We will be in touch with you with further instructions until the firmware is deployed, thank you for your participation. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

toomanyissues
I've been around

will this fix the issue I am having with my chromecast? If so, please send me the new firmware