Rogers IPv6 Status

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers IPv6 Status

2001:558:xxxx::xxxx is not a teredo address

2001::/32 means a range from 2001:: to 2001:0:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff

Look at the Google Public DNS address: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844

I'm a Regular

Just going thru my router setting and I have ipv6 enabled but when I ask Google what's my IP address it says I'm on ipv4 , should I disable ipv6 in my router ?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, Rogers has a long way to go in order for IPV6 to work on its network.  There have been efforts by others to push Rogers to get IPV6 to work, but I haven't seen anything posted by anyone recently.  @damir would be the person to ask if you wanted to get IPV6 working.  For now, if you're not fully up on IPV6, just disable it.

As for your issue with the second IP address dropping out, I don't have any explanation for it.  Perhaps its a stability issue as @RogersMoin as pointing out previously.  The interesting thing is that Shaw uses the second IP address all the time as they don't allow their customers to bridge their modems for the lower speed tiers, so, they activate a second IP address so that the end user can use the address with a specific device, which I would guess is a router.  So, the modem can handle a second IP address, and people have reported using it in the past on the Rogers network, but that is a very small group of people.

Try disabling IPV6 and see if that improves the stability of the modem.

I'm a Regular

OK thanks. So I just disabled ipv6 in my router settings but there is nothing saying to turn on ipv4 ? Does it turn on automatic once ipv6 disabled. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

IPV4 is always on, unless you have some firmware loaded on your router that allows you to disable it.  That would be pretty unusual.  You should also go in and turn off IPV6 on the individual devices as well.   The IPV6 firewall should remain enabled on the router however.

If anyone has a better idea as to what to do with Rogers IPV6 these days, I'm open to suggestions. 

Perhaps this situation will improve with the Gigabit service?  One can always hope.

I'm a Regular

I don't think Xbox one has a ipv6 setting
I Plan to Stick Around

I use the 6RD  and it works fine.       I would have thought it would be in Rogers interest to move as many of their internal communications to  customer devices to IPV6  and also make it available to customers.    90% of people just won't notice but some of us will and be happy!

I'm a Regular

Is there a reason why Rogers dosent support ipv6 in my area I'm on the 150 hybrid plan.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think Rogers 'supports' IPV6 for anyone yet.  

I'm a Regular

Do I also have to disable the ipv6 on the Rogers gateway/modem ? I have it on bridge mode
What's New