Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

hoopdogg
I plan to stick around

.33 installed on Coda-4582 for ~4 hours 250/25 plan.  Seems solid so far.  speedtest from Rogers and dslreports get up (and above) plan speed faster and hold more steady for duration of test than .32 did.  3 computers /PC all Cat6 hardwire showing same results.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersDave

Since .33 I have not gotten any high ping spike and random connectivity issue that I was getting on previous firmware.

So far it's stable and working well, will update if something happen.

CODA 4582 here, with .33 firmware installed. I've noticed speed seems more stable/faster, and latency seems reduced. It feels like how the Modem felt on .27, which is very good!

Hwaiting
I plan to stick around

I came from the WRT54G router school of 30-30-30 so I guess some old habits die hard.

Is a reboot or factory reset necessary at all after a SW firmware update?

It depends.  If you have a Trial Firmware version loaded, don't run a factory reset as it will return the modem to the current network wide production version firmware.  You can restart the modem or reboot it, and it will retain the trial firmware.

If you are on the current production version, then yes, you can run a factory reset and end up back with the same version. 

ablatt
I plan to stick around

What's the CGN3ACSMR equivalent to the Coda .33 version?  I realize OFDM won't be a factor for me, but which firmware is the latest and greatest for the CGN3ACSMR?

I got pushed beta 4.5.8.33 about a month ago and I'm not  even in the beta trial program.  I thought Dave had said he was ready to roll out 4.5.8.33 to all those with the CGN3CASMR.  4.5.8.27 still shows as the production version.

I also notice 4.5.8.35 is now available.

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

The .33 firmware has been really stable so far. No noticeable slow downs, loss of connection, weak wifi signal so all is good. As Dave mentioned, the firmware included a fix for OFDM which greatly helped in my case. On the previous firmware, the modem would lose lock of OFDM, but this firmware has resolved that and is now able to maintain lock of the OFDM carrier for 100% of it's uptime. 

AOD999
I plan to stick around
Same fixed my ODFM issue as well. Only problem I still have is being unable to access the UI behind pfsense.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@AOD999 wrote:
Same fixed my ODFM issue as well. Only problem I still have is being unable to access the UI behind pfsense.

I run pfsense and can see the coda gui. Do you have the CODA and pfsense on different subnets?

AOD999
I plan to stick around
They are both on their default. CODA on bridge. The UI attempts to load but hangs and never does. Then the web interface is frozen unless you reboot or wait for the session to time out.

Mythen
I plan to stick around
So I've had .33 firmware on the coda for a few days and I must say it's very stable. Still get the odd lag spike but nothing like it was before. I think we have a winner

Mythen

georgic
I plan to stick around

MoCA 2.0 further testing.

I purchased one MoCA 2.0 adapter with 4 gigabit ports build in from Amazon:

With recent CODA firmware .33 I'm getting good stable connection with speeds ranging around 400 to 500Mbps and ping 3ms. I can connect to my NAS drive and download large file at 50 Megabytes per second. MoCA throughput and responsiveness is very good according to my basic tests.

However when trying to stream media file over the MoCA connection the video is buffering every minute or so for few seconds. Replacing the MoCA connection with long direct Ethernet wire resolves the problem. My media streaming device is small single board computer Raspberry Pi with Ethernet 100Mbps port only.

Here is my dilemma. Why is the device working without any issues over 100Mbps direct Ethernet wire but not through MoCA adapter with 500Mbps speed? Is CODA modem MoCA 2.0 connection full duplex?

tester2013
I plan to stick around
I'm on the .33 firmware on my coda 4582. For the past few days my router seems to reboot itself and also will drop WiFi signals completely. Is that software issue or is it the modem?

georgic
I plan to stick around

Dave, can we get "Turbo" function enabled in MoCA configuration. I'm having difficulties playing high bit-rate data streams probably due to the facts of MoCA connection being half duplex.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersDave

Been 2 days in a row my modem reboot on it's own on .33 , not sure if it's firmware related.

signal is good range from 2-5 very stable. not sure why it's happening.

tester2013
I plan to stick around
Same issue as above...I believe its firmware related if its happening to more than one person

hoopdogg
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave  Add another to the random daily reboot on Coda with .33

zardoz99
I plan to stick around
Yes, me too. It's becoming a bit of a serious problem as it's impacting work. I'm also seeing a possible issue with the 2G wifi stability but not confirmed this yet.

@RogersDave my modem has been rebooting lately on the coda and .33 it was fine the first couple of days not now ...

Windwalker
I plan to stick around

Just checked mine and it rebooted itself an hour and a half ago.

pacerdjl
I plan to stick around

CODA-4582 on trial firmware 33 keeps spontaneously rebooting, about twice per day. Sometimes, Wi-Fi freezes or won't accept current Wi-Fi password – requires power cycling of modem. For the first few days, 33 seemed stable, and even a little but faster, but problems started and seem to be getting worse. I would reset the firmware, but that would return firmware to 28T2, so I am hopeful that this issue can be somehow addressed with 33 or the next trial release.