Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@Mythen, that is something that Dave will probably have to look at.  From what I remember that has to do with IPV6 addressing and the time it takes to fail over to IPV4 when there is an issue with IPV6.  That might be an issue with the CMTS.  I seem to remember a comment that he made at some point which included the pixel as being sensitive to the issue. 

Jeffj
I plan to stick around

@Datalink wrote:

Those results do make sense although I don't know what the top end of the Xbox actually is.  Will it go much beyond 200 Mb/s, don't know?  Maybe other XBox users can chime in here.  I was reading in another forum that the XBox test goes back to Seattle, so, if true, that accounts for part of the low speed and latency score on the XBox test itself.  What do you see on a speedtest with a pc that is connected via ethernet to the modem or router, which ever is applicable?

Edit;  If you already have .24 on the modem, all you should have to do to see IPV6 up and running is to restart/reboot the modem.  Pull the power, wait for 30 seconds and power it back up, and, you should then see IPV6 on the router if its enabled on the router.  Just to note, on my RT-AC68U, after I enable IPV6, I have to reboot the router to get IPV6 up and running.  I haven't restarted my modem just yet, but, if its the same as the CGNM-3552, you won't see the IPV4 and IPV6 addressess on the modem when its in Bridge mode.  Those addressess will only be seen on the router, and for the IPV6 address, possibly after enabling IPV6 and rebooting the router.

Here's a link to Dave's post which covers IPV6 settings for various routers:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/367...

The Xbox OS is pretty conservitive on what it allots to its networking backend. MS has been trying to improve it while not impacting the rest of the system (I'm on their Alpha release for the latest OS on Xbox One). On average i get 170 Mbps down. Which is fine by me, game install fast enough although it could be much better, but i have a feelign a lot to do with that is their QoS on their CDN. 

I just did a speed stest in edge, 9ms ping, 165 down and 21 up.  My old lady is watching netflix in the bedroom or i feel liek id probably hit 200 at least. FWIW.

dallasdinatake
I plan to stick around
Can you run one from the Xbox network and post the test

dallasdinatake
I plan to stick around
Detailed network statistics

Jeffj
I plan to stick around

@dallasdinatake wrote:
Can you run one from the Xbox network and post the test

101 down and 22 up.

Remember the built in test is going back to the live servers for online matchmaking/gaming connectivity. compleetly different servers from content distribution. The test specifically adresses connectivity to the live network not content distribution or other internet resources.

101 down and 22 up is MORE then enough to have rock solid online multiplayer gaming. 

I'll also add Beam streaming from my Xbox has been AMAZING, twitch still suck the wang of death some times (have a feeling thats a twitch/udp issue) but beam on the FTL protocol is really a step up in the industry, I'm talking zero, none nil lag to my viewers. They can get the stream with in at the most a half second behind live in my experiences in the last week on .24 firmware.

dallasdinatake
I plan to stick around
When I download game I get around 250 mb/s but it will drop down to in the hundreds

Jeffj
I plan to stick around

@dallasdinatake wrote:
When I download game I get around 250 mb/s but it will drop down to in the hundreds

Same, Downloads of games come frome their CDN servers and partiners.

As a general rule I can download a 50GB game in about 30-45 min

dallasdinatake
I plan to stick around
What Internet package do you have

Jeffj
I plan to stick around

@dallasdinatake wrote:
What Internet package do you have

250U

as of .24 is working as intended. Grabbed Forza Horizon 3 today, and it downloaded like a champ. was playing before i even knew it really. 51GB started the DL, ate dinner and sat back down and it was fully downloaded.

jalalinator
I plan to stick around

Can confirm docsis 3.1 downstream flipped on here in Richmond Hill tonight @ 12:30am! SOOOOO Excited couldn't believe it when I saw it, the light is like a veryyyy light blue(almost purple now), first impressions, I am getting 50+ on the upload for the first time ever, the download speed + ping times is very consistent and even with not alot of variation at all between multiple tests, ping time is around 6ms to telus toronto, going to test out usenet and gaming and I will report back, still seeing around the same max speeds but the signal is MUCH cleaner I can tell already.

8rain
I plan to stick around

Wondering if they enabled the same in my area (Markham) last night and if I should finally change from the CGNM-3552.  Around the same time my internet connection was offline and the modem wouldn't establish a connection.  I noted several other people on Twitter were complaining about internet outages also around the same time. 

Mythen
I plan to stick around
@RogersDave

Can you confirm what @Datalink is suggesting. This is getting annoying with the frequent disconnects

dmbcanda
I plan to stick around

@Datalink

I have tried everything, factory reset, reboot and do not seem to have ipv6 even though it says so in the modem stats and the network sharing centre.   I go to the test sites and I get 0/10 or 4/20 depending on the site.

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@dmbcanda

By reboot, did you mean unplugging the power and re-plugging it after 30 seconds?

dmbcanda
I plan to stick around

I have tried reboot via gui and unplugged.

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

Did you try rebooting your computer aswell?

dmbcanda
I plan to stick around

I have done it all, multiple times

@dmbcanda can you remind me of what you have running, modem only connected to pc's or modem - router - pc combination?  If you have a router running, what model is it?

dmbcanda
I plan to stick around
@Datalink

I contacted support and it is a Windows 10 issue as it works on Windows7 and Android.

User1445713
I plan to stick around

IPv6 is cutting in and out in my case without modem or computer reboot.

I had full IPv6 yesterday in the afternoon.

It showed up in the Status screen of Coda in WAN IP Address field right after IPv4.

My laptop computer was also registered with double IP v4 and 6 in Connected Devices HDCP table.

This morning IPv6 was down. When I looked at setting on my modem the HDCP table showing connected device was showing only IPv4 for computers. Status screen of CODA still had IP 4 and 6.

About 15 minutes ago I got IPv6 again! No reboot or even network disconnect. I have 17/20 IPv6 Test score with some small issues on Firewall (probably from McAfee) and my public IP on Google (my IP address) shows IPv6.

DOCSIS Event shows:

20 02/24/2017 20:10:18 82000200 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

but I don't think this is related to IPv6 coming back on.

I have 2 computers connected directly to CODA with Windows 10 and 7. Both have IPv6 active in the internal table and on the Internet.

dmbcanda
I plan to stick around

@User1445713 @Datalink @RogersDave

I have the same issue with Windows 10, keeps loosing IPV6.  I have to go into the network and sharing Center and disable and renable IPV6 protocol all the time.   Once I reboot I loose it and have to do the steps all over again.