Degradation in upload speed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Degradation in upload speed

Generally over the day yesterday, was getting my full 20 upload during tests.

Had a drop to 12 early eve.  Then 4 later in the eve.

I Plan to Stick Around

In London, my 500/20 seem to stabilize at 300/20 by yesterday evening.  Rebooted the modem this a.m. and I was getting consistent 500+/20.  Will test during the day to confirm it is fixed.

I Plan to Stick Around

In Toronto, mine was fine at 20 all morning til about 9:00 a.m. then went south again.  Now fluctuates between 5 and 20, but mostly much lower than 20.

Edit at 11:00 am. both download and upload are . .

Hello, @Community

Thank you all for posting your concerns with respect to upload speeds and other Internet service performance related issues. Since we all rely heavily on the Internet service it's understandably quite inconvenient if the service has degraded. For those who have not reached out the tech support yet, you can send us a private message @CommunityHelps so that we can troubleshoot the issue and submit a ticket if necessary. 

Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,

The CommunityHelps Team

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since there's been nothing posted from any Rogers staff member, guess I'll do it, not that I have any answers.  Over the last few days customers have noticed extremely slow update rates.  Rogers has been completely radio silent on this.  The problem extends beyond Rogers customers as it also affects TPIA customers.  Start.ca has responded to their customers with the following notice, which doesn't say much, but at least its an acknowledgement of the problem:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31992218-

I've seen posts which point to a cable vault fire in New York and issues with the introduction of the IPTV service.  So, take your pick, no one in any official capacity has posted anything on this.  Somewhere, something has gone wrong, just a question of what, where and when will it be fixed  Smiley Sad

Edit:  D'oh, I stand corrected.  @RogersMoin has just posted a paragraph to contact @CommunityHelps and generate a ticket if necessary.  I personally suspect that isn't going to solve the issue.  This appears to be too wide spread to solve with a single customer based ticket. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I have definitely have seen this degradation, which started about a week ago.

I spoke to an agent this morning, and they stated that it is a wide spread issue across all of Ontario and they are aware of it (not sure how true it is).

One of my friends works for Rogers, and was doing an IPTV install for a Rogers employee. He said that they stated that the roll out of the IPTV service has really affected their backbone.

Some sort of official statement from Rogers would be nice, but I doubt that happening at all. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Been testing throughout the day and mine's back to normal 500-600D/20U

@DaDDz wrote:

In London, my 500/20 seem to stabilize at 300/20 by yesterday evening.  Rebooted the modem this a.m. and I was getting consistent 500+/20.  Will test during the day to confirm it is fixed.

I Plan to Stick Around

6 p.m. - upload speed 5 on a 250/20 plan.  And very slow ping times, including the first hop past the modem which is now 40ms. and used to be 15ms.

I got the card in the mail today to sign up for an IPTV trial.

Just what I want to do - run TV on a network with these kinds of problems.

And by the way, thanks to Datalink again, for providing detailed, useful information the way he always does!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My Gigabit Plan has been stuck with a max of 20mb/s upload, I'm hoping Rogers fixes the issue soon. It's VERY widespread from what I've been reading online. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Much worse where I am. Can only maintain 1Mbps upload. Download speed is a regular 130Mbps. On the 100u plan. 

Still no official statement from Rogers regarding the issue- would like to see some clarity on the source of the issue.

What's New
Topic Stats