Configuration compatibility between CGN3 and CGN3ACSMR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Configuration compatibility between CGN3 and CGN3ACSMR

I've given up on the Advanced Wireless (CGN3) modem and took the Rocket (CGN3ACSMR) instead. Does anyone know if I can take the CGN3 backup and restore it to the CGN3ACSMR (and have it work)?

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Configuration compatibility between CGN3 and CGN3ACSMR

Hello @Kyle12,

That’s a great question! Ensuring the modem is setup the way you like it is definitely important.

Since the modems have different Firmware the backup file from your CGN3 modem will most likely not work on the CGN3ACSMR.

I could be mistaken but I am certain our Resident Experts @Datalink@Gdkitty, @gp-se, may be able to shine some light onto this.

Thanks for posting!

Regards,

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Kyle12 wrote:

I've given up on the Advanced Wireless (CGN3) modem and took the Rocket (CGN3ACSMR) instead. Does anyone know if I can take the CGN3 backup and restore it to the CGN3ACSMR (and have it work)?

*Edited Labels*

@Kyle12 I would suggest NOT using the CGN3 restore. Because they are different models/firmware you can run into issues, it's always better to start fresh with the new device then save that backup.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks - I thought I'd try it anyway and even though the restore was successful, I could no longer access the config (and the kicker - nothing worked). I pressed the handy-dandy reset button and built the config from scratch. All good now.
Let's hope my wired ports remain functional as this was the main reason for tossing the old CGN3.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation