Condominium Fibre

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Condominium Fibre

Hello Everyone,

I'm interested in getting Rogers internet installed in my condo, it's a new building so we have Fibre straight up to the wiring closet in the units. I was told that it's pre-wired for both Bell and Rogers, currently, I have Bell so their service is delivered via that piece of fibre (GPON). Is Rogers delivering their service over fibre in these newer buildings or is that still over coaxial?

I spoke to a sales representative and he mentioned that they use the Hitron 4582 but that's a coaxial only modem I believe. If Rogers uses the fibre, what's the device they would use?

Thank you!

*** Edited Labels *** 

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Condominium Fibre

Hello @nicholas1520,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy 

Fibre-To-The-Home is definitely an exciting feature and will allow you to obtain super fast speeds! We are able to provide our service in these newer buildings by utilizing an Optical Network Unit (ONU).

The ONU converts the Fibre Optic signal to an RF electrical signal inside the home which is then transmitted via Coaxial to the Rogers Modem. Our modems currently do not have the ability to receive the Fibre optic signal directly.

Regards,

RogersTony  

What's New
WWE: Clash of Champions LIVE
Sunday December 17, 2017
LIVE: 8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

Every SmackDown championship is on the line at WWE's most golden event of the year! Don't miss Jinder Mahal, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Charlotte Flair and all your favorites!Order the event through your remote on channels 348 (HD), 350 (SD) or order the WWE Network on channel 512 (ON) & 398 (ATL.)

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation