blocking calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: blocking calls

Blocking unwanted callers

I am looking at the online manager and I can see how to set up numbers for callers I want to block, but it seems the only way to  turn it on is to allow a message to be given to those calling that I am unavailable.  I would rather the call just be disconnected or hung up.  Is there no way to do this?  Do I have to choose the yes option on them receiving a message that I am unavailable?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: blocking calls

@rye_encoke :  Call blocking is pretty useless these days because most telemarketers now spoof numbers and they rotate the numbers so that the same number will not come up the next time. See posts 57, 60, 62, 65 onwards in this thread for my recommendations for handling telemarketers, depending on your preferences.

@rye_encoke wrote:

I would rather the call just be disconnected or hung up.  Is there no way to do this?  

See the following link. You can set up a "white list", however, unfortunately, that (online manager) white list can only handle 30 numbers, which is not enough for most people who may have 50-100 people in their contact list and it appears you still get the "announcement".

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Home-Phone/blocking-calls/m-p/355067#M1846

What's New
Topic Stats