blocking calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: blocking calls

Call Block Ring Tone

Just had Rogers Home Phone installed.   With Bell all my call blocked numbers just rang once then went to voicemail!  Now with Rogers it has a 2 quick plus one ring, so three rings before it says call block!  How do I set it for just ringing once!  The reason for call block is to block the number right away and not have it bother you.  Any ideas or if this is just Rogers way of blocking numbers with this annoying 3 ring tone!!?   Thanks

I've Been Here Awhile

Never mind! I figured it out.
I'm Here A Lot

how tell me, i still cant figure it out

I've Been Here Awhile

*49 to take it off International dial tone to ring just once instead of three times for blocked calls.  

I've Been Here Awhile

From what I'm reading, in order to block a private number we need to pay Rogers an additional monthly fee?  It is not included in any existing package?

Hello @Chris70!

Welcome to our Community!

I know call blocking is an important feature for some but it's not available in the base package. You need to subscribe to an additional service.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

What is considered basic package.  I have call waiting and call display.  I don't consider that to be basic

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Chris70 :  I believe you need "online manager" to block calls, however, as discussed earlier in this thread, call blocking is pretty useless these days - see posts 57 of this thread onwards for tips on how to deal with Telemarketers, etc.

In addition, most blocking devices/software may not block calls that come to you as "private number" or "unknown" or similar.  You may need an external blocking device for that kind of flexibility as the blockers on most (cordless) phones, etc only block specific numbers and Telemarketers are always rotating those numbers these days, so Telemarketers don't "hide" behind "private number" much any more - they just spoof all kinds of numbers and rotate them regularly.  As I mentioned in previous posts I recommend a "white list" option, since the "black list" option doesn't work any more, unless you have one or two bothersome numbers that don't change.

I've Been Around

Good morning all...

I am new to this forum and have read the previous messages.  I have not seen anything mentioned about the scammer calls that come in during the sleeping hours. In the last two weeks we have experienced three calls all in the 4am to 5am window. I like the idea of a white list, if it could be practiced at a specific time rather than a blanket time frame. I wonder how hard it would be to have a feature like this available on the Rogers Home phone service. If it was optional for eight hour periods then those that are working shift could incorporate it in their lives as well...it would be a nice option or is it already there and I missed seeing it.........tnx Bill

I'm a Senior Advisor

@OldTech:  Not sure if it's any use for you but my Panasonic cordless phones have a "night mode" feature, wherein you can programme hours when the phone will not ring.  Some people don't like this in case there's an emergency.  Some of the external blockers have a night mode and also have a "white list" for emergency calls, so that they ring through despite being in night mode.

I mentioned earlier that "unknown" or "private" numbers may not be blockable on my cordless phones, but in fact they are, however, it's not much use any more since most telemarketers now spoof numbers, rather than coming in as "private number". 

What's New
WWE: Extreme Rules LIVE
Sunday July 15, 2018
LIVE: 8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

WWE throws the rulebook out the window and lets the Superstars compete in matches where anything goes! Don't miss Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Alexa Bliss and all your favorites. Live on Sportsnet pay-per-view or on the WWE Network, channel 512 (Ontario/Atlantic)

Topic Stats