When I call from my home line to a cell phone user Call display shows as Turkey some of the time

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

When I call from my home line to a cell phone user Call display shows as Turkey some of the time

When I call from my home line to a cell phone user Call display shows as Turkey some of the time vs my real name and people will not answer my call because they think it's an overseas scam call.

The call name comes up with Turkey to makes things worse it breaks-up my 905 number to look like an international cal

I contacted customer service at least 3 times and on two occasions and  they said it was fixed and it was not. Is this happening to anyone else out there. I need this fixed because I use this number for my small business and many people are complaining I am not returning their calls. Note when they see Turkey they simply do not answer.

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks

George 

***Edited Labels***

Re: When I call from my home line to a cell phone user Call display shows as Turkey some of the time

Good evening @Rolm,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post.

This is such an unusual error. How long have you experienced this issue for? Is the error specific to certain numbers? 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: When I call from my home line to a cell phone user Call display shows as Turkey some of the time

Hi There

This problem started happening around 1 year ago and it happens randomly on any number I call. The best I can figure it only happens when calling mobily phone numbers matters not of the carrier, seems to be happening more frequently on Rogers and Fido numbers.

If you wish call me from your cell number and when I call-back there will be a good chance it will display Turkey with my 905 broken-up to look like an international call and other times it will show my correct name and phone number.

George 

Hi @Rolm!

Welcome to our Community!

That's a really strange issue you have here. Since we control the Call Display settings on the carrier side, we really should look into this for you and find out what's going on. 

Please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with this process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

I did call service again and this time the rep said that some of the cell-phones I call can not distinguish between 905 and my call display name and it thinks it's a call coming from Turkey which is their country code. Seems a crazy explanation ???  If this is the case then this should be happening to all 905 callers. Time for me to get Rogers management involved.

Hello, @Rolm

It's certainly an unusual issue on how your telephone number is getting displayed at the receiver end. As @RogersCorey stated in the post above we can further investigate the issue, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,

The CommunityHelps Team

RogersMoin

What's New
WWE: Extreme Rules LIVE
Sunday July 15, 2018
LIVE: 8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

WWE throws the rulebook out the window and lets the Superstars compete in matches where anything goes! Don't miss Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Alexa Bliss and all your favorites. Live on Sportsnet pay-per-view or on the WWE Network, channel 512 (Ontario/Atlantic)

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation