cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing and deleting posts

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Thanks Margaret for this forum - your first question example is a good one - how to edit, or delete.  I now that if you can get to your post before it removes the edit option, you can change it, but deleting, you kind of have to go back, delete the content - and post an opps removed content - Moderators please remove.

Bruce

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Editing and deleting posts

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@BS You can't delete your post after the editing window has expired. What you can do is click the gear icon at the top and then Report Content, asking to have your post removed because you made a mistake, or whatever.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Good morning @BS,

Do you mind clarifying your post?  Maybe it's just me, but I don't follow, can you elaborate?

Thanks,

RogersCilio

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RogersCilio

Very simple. The OP is asking for ways that we can remove the posts we make by accident instead of editing them and then reporting them to the mods to be removed. That's something everyone has been asking for years now.

Hey @Meowmix,

Had a general idea thats what he was referring to, but wanted to be sure.  Thanks for clariying 🙂

RogersCilio

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Yes, that is what I was saying. A very common question for sure - I often write without thinking too much (do it with email and facebook too).  With facebook, I go back and edit or delete, an email, all I can do is ask people to ignore it and I send them a revised one.

Rereading my post, I posted opps by accident, meaning to say oops, but too late to edit it.

At the moment, if I still have time to edit (which is time limited), I will either edit it to match what I wanted to say, or if I want to delete it, I literally write, oops,  not wanted to say, so I got rid the text, replaced by the oops statement.  Then it either remains on the forum that way, or if I get around to it I will ask a moderator to just delete it.

The forum is not overly forgiving of the reality that sometimes we act before we think, and sometimes our emotions take over and if we wait too long, it is there, then we again need to contact the moderator to edit or remove.

Just a suggestion.  I know that it breaks continuity if others have read it, or responded, but sometimes we like to retract our statement.

I have learned to work around it, and sometimes write a clarifying statement.

Bruce

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@BS You can't delete your post after the editing window has expired. What you can do is click the gear icon at the top and then Report Content, asking to have your post removed because you made a mistake, or whatever.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Thanks, that answers both of my questions - to summarize - the edit window is available from the gear for a limited time - you can edit your content during that period.  If you want to remove it from view you can just put a blank or a comment in during the edit period, then choose the report content and ask that it be removed.

Same for outside the window - report the content, ask for the edit changes, or ask for it to be removed.

Question answered.

Bruce

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation