cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers MasterCard

user1765039
I'm new here

The Rogers MasterCard is looking pretty good to me. Love the unlimited 1.75% cash back rate and no fee. Also love the 4% cash back on foreign purchases. Here's my question, i read that you can redeem your cash back once a year as a statement credit (as opposed to against a Rogers bill or service). Anyone do that, smooth sailing? Would anyone recommend any other no fee credit card if you're a Rogers customer?

http://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/rogers-platinum-mastercard-credit-card-review/

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Rogers MasterCard

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @user1765039,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!

I personally use the Rogers Mastercard. I believe you can start redeeming once it accumulates to $20. I have mine set up automatically to apply as a Bill Credit everytime I get to the $20 mark.

You can redeem your cash back rewards towards any Rogers product or service provided the Rogers product or service is paid for using your Rogers Platinum MasterCard®. That includes:

• Rogers monthly bills
  • Fido monthly bills
  • Any purchases from a Rogers or Fido branded store
  • Chatr autopay
  • Texture™ subscriptions
  • Purchases from The Shopping Channel
  • Toronto Blue Jays™ single game tickets
  • Toronto Blue Jays™ Flex Packs and Seasons Tickets
  • Toronto Blue Jays™ merchandise when purchased from the Jays Shop™ or online at jayshop.com
  • Concessions purchases at Rogers Centre

Remember, redemptions start at $20.

(Taken from https://rogersbank.com/en/help_centre)

RogersRoland

BS
I'm a senior advisor

@user1765039 I think the question of alternative cards and points models is one of personal searching - there are so many out there these days, you have to compare how you earn points, and what points can be used for.

I personally use one of the Banking points systems, because it provides for reductions on my mortgage and line of credit, as well as a cash back, not as good as Rogers.

But from what I have seen, there is little better than the Rogers card and its rates of earning, and benefit related to US funds (I think that had a change recently though).

I could always use the Rogers card, and use the savings off my bill to apply against other expenditures in my life though.  I just haven't done it because it is straight forward and easy for me to use my bank points.

So, very much a personal decision of the benefits.

Bruce

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

@BS wrote:

So, very much a personal decision of the benefits.

I agree Bruce ... I won't get one simply because of the 6 letters in front of Mastercard   . I do like Mastercard though. 

I don't reallly agree with the foreign currency promotion either.  If you have enough money to travel and spew more pollution in to the environment  I don't think you really need more incentive  to buy foreign . 

I don't believe anyone has actually answered the OP"s  question. Smiley Wink

Plau
I'm new here
I know this is an old post, but I was not able to find the answer else where in the forum, I did find this site though : https://creditcardgenius.ca/blog/rogers-platinum-mastercard-review/ which suggested calling the customer service number, 1-855-775-2265, and asking for the yearly bill credit.

After selecting the credit card option and entering in my information, in had to press 0 to get a real human to help, I just asked that my cash back be applied to my January bill, and that was that, fairly easy!

Just wish that this was more prominent on the rewards website.

Hope this helps!

P

RogersShaun
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey there @Plau,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for your contribution!

The information is greatly appreciated, even if it's an older thread Smiley Wink

I also use the Rogers Mastercard, and had no idea this was an option! I'm definitely going to take advantage of this! Thanks!

RogersShaun

davidj
I plan to stick around

Can the rewards be used towards a PAYG account plan? I have the $30/month PAYG plan. I'm assuming that I cannot use the rewards for this, but can someone clarify?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@davidj :  Looks like you can:

https://rogersbank.com/en/rogers_platinum_mastercard_details?_ga=

Redeem your cash back rewards towards anything Rogers including: Rogers, Fido and chatr monthly bills, purchases in Rogers, Fido and chatr branded stores, purchases at The Shopping Channel, subscriptions to TextureToronto Blue Jays tickets, merchandise at Jays Shop online or in store, and at Rogers Centre concessions.2

See also the new app:

https://rogersbank.com/en/redeem

Of course you'd be limited to the $20 minimum and in your case a maximum of $30/mo.

davidj
I plan to stick around

57: I don't get a monthly bill, hence my question...

The $30/month gets taken from my credit card automatically, but I don't ever see any bill. It's similar to an auto-topup, (but it's a $30/month PAYG plan).

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't use the app I referenced in my previous post, but wouldn't that work?  I pay for my Rogers TV automatically using the Rogers MC and get a credit for my rewards when that bill is paid. I would assume the same happens for PAYGo, but you may need to check with them...

Use Contact us?  https://www.rogersbank.com/en/contact_us

davidj
I plan to stick around

Yes, I'm wondering if it would work the same way, but I would like someone to confirm that before I go ahead and get the credit card.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I logged into my Rogers MasterCard today and noticed some quite significant changes to the cash back rewards.  I was wondering when this would happen and by how much. Not pleased, but not unexpected either.

March 30, 2018

Important information about changes to your Rogers Platinum Mastercard. 

Effective May 23, 2018, the following changes will be applicable to your Rogers Platinum Mastercard: 

• Earn 3% unlimited cash back rewards on all your eligible purchases made in a foreign currency (previously 4%). 

• Earn 2% unlimited cash back rewards on RogersTM products and services charged to your card including your Rogers, FidoTM or chatrTM monthly bill (previously 1.75%). 

• Earn 1.25% unlimited cash back rewards on all other eligible purchases (previously 1.75%). 

You will retain the full value of your cash back rewards balance earned prior to May 23, 2018. 

Additionally, effective March 13, 2018: 

• We have eliminated the Annual Fee on the Rogers Platinum Mastercard. If you have paid an Annual Fee over the last year, a prorated credit of the difference will be applied to your Account by December 31, 2018. 

For complete details on the Rogers Platinum Mastercard Rewards Program Terms and Conditions and the Disclosure Summary for the Rogers Platinum Mastercard, please visit rogersbank.com/legal. 

Usage of this card after May 23, 2018 will constitute acceptance of the rewards changes described above, and the changes will automatically take effect. If you wish to respond to this notice or have any questions, concerns or wish to modify your Rogers Platinum Mastercard account, we can be reached at rogersbank.com/contact.

Hey @57,

I logged into my Rogers MasterCard today and noticed some quite significant changes to the cash back rewards.  I was wondering when this would happen and by how much. Not pleased, but not unexpected either.

The changes will start to take effect May 23rd. The prorated credit will be based on the $29 Annual fee. Were you referring to something specific in your question?

RogersZia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersZia :  I was not asking any questions in my earlier post, but I can see how my comment "I was wondering..." could be misconstrued as a question.

The "I was wondering..." was simply a comment (no question mark) that I knew the rebates were very good and I knew (long ago) that eventually the rebate amounts would be reduced, like they are with many credit cards after a period of time...  I hope that is clear(er).

For this reason, it's often advantageous to get in "on the ground floor" when cards like this are first introduced, because after a period of time the "promotional rate" will be reduced.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As indicated in post 12 of this thread, the rebate percentages on Rogers Platinum MC went down on May 23, 2018.

Interestingly, Rogers have introduced a new card called "Rogers World Elite MasterCard". 

https://www.rogersbank.com/en/rogers...ercard_details

This card brings the two major benefits* back to where they were:

- 4% unlimited cash back rewards on all eligible purchases made in a foreign currency*
- 2% unlimited cash back rewards on Rogers™ products and services charged to your card
- 1.75% cash back rewards on all other eligible purchases*

Plus "Insurance Benefits" at no cost:

- Enjoy insurance benefits at no extra cost, including: Extended Warranty and Purchase Protection, Rental Car Collision/Damage, Out-of-Province/Out-of-Country Emergency Medical, Trip Interruption and Trip Cancellation.

I've ordered mine today. There are certain restrictions which are:

- Personal income of at least $80k
- or household income of at least $150k
- or spend $25k on Rogers MasterCard (per year) (We're retired and travel a lot, so this one made us eligible)

If you currently have a Rogers MC, you should call instead of applying online.

axelbest
I plan to stick around
And now its changed again. This was the best card, now I will cancel.

WE'RE MAKING SOME CHANGES TO YOUR ROGERS™ WORLD ELITE® MASTERCARD® ACCOUNT
Effective June 2, 2020, we will be making some changes to your Rogers World Elite Mastercard Account. Please find a summary of what
will be included with your card, along with the detailed changes to the following: (1) Rogers Bank Cardholder Agreement, and (2)
Rogers World Elite Mastercard Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. Your use of the Account or your Card after the changes
noted above go into effect will mean that you have accepted all of those changes. For residents of Quebec, if you do not agree with this
change, you may terminate your Account with us by July 1, 2020 without cost or penalty after any remaining balance is paid off.
What is included with your Rogers World Elite Mastercard starting June 2, 2020
You will earn:
• 3% in cash back rewards on all your eligible purchases made in U.S. dollars (previously 4% on all eligible purchases made in
any foreign currency) 1
• 1.5% in cash back rewards on all other eligible purchases (previously 2% on Rogers products and services and 1.75% on all
other eligible purchases)1
NEW BENEFITS to enjoy including
• Global WiFi for the Primary Cardholder2

Markees
I've been around

Thank you for sharing

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 in conversation