Fox News why not full HD?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Fox News why not full HD?

Since this topic has been on my mind for quite some time now I’ve decided to refer directly to Fox News for the answer. When I get some feedback from them i’ll update everyone.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Greesh wrote:
Since this topic has been on my mind for quite some time now I’ve decided to refer directly to Fox News for the answer. When I get some feedback from them i’ll update everyone.

Fox News is the seller, Rogers is the buyer. I doubt Fox News HD feed costs more than CNN. But we get CNN in HD on basic cable along with CBC News Network and CTV  Newsworld.  Either Rogers thinks that these cable networks  are  the CRTC or what everyone wants, or it's mandated by the CRTC or CBSC as mandatory carriage. Considering how CNN has gone left wing partisan lately, I no longer see a reason for it to be carried unless it's balanced by something like Fox News. I feel CRTC and CBSC would be the organizations to ask. You could also ask Rogers via Share A Concern

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

57 wrote:

OLDYELLR wrote:  The decision to broadcast Fox News  in SD in an extra cost package has to be political.

Corporations like Rogers do not make political decisions. They make economic decisions to maximize profits for their shareholders. Although Fox News is quite popular in the US (but no longer always number one), the channel had/has very few people watching in Canada.

I bet if it was in HD on basic cable a lot more people would watch it, even lefties so they can hate it more.  As it is, we have to subscribe to an extra cost news package and then only see it in SD.  When I have breakfast or lunch I catch up on the news toggling between CBC News Network, CTV Newsworld and sometimes CNN on basic cable. I would love to cycle through Fox News for balance, but it's not there. The reason few Canadians watch Fox News is because they can't see it.  I can see it on my smart TV Youtube, but not on any other TV in my house.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

OLDYELLR wrote:

1. No tongue-in-cheek smiley? 

2. Not sure who mandates which news channels are to be carried by basic cable, but I would think bureaucracies like CRTC, not corporations.

1. I couldn't find one.

2. It's the CRTC, however, that is not the topic of this thread.

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Why anyone would want to watch Fox News to begin with is beyond me...unless you’re a far-right conservative, and if you are, well then you have other problems Smiley Happy

While some argue CNN has tilted left, you have to remember they are “liberal media” so they’ve always leaned left. However, they are FAR more balanced than Fox News ever was or is today. If you’re watching Fox News and you’re believing even a fraction of the garbage spewing out of that channel, then you’re living on a different planet.
I'm a Senior Advisor

The only reason to watch Fox News today is to know what Donald Trump's policies will be tomorrow.

I'm Here A Lot

Look guys, us conservatives respect your ability to lick your wounds and stroke each other in HD watching CNN. Just asking for the same respect for us “winners” who want to stay on top of the change and progress happening south of the border.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Greesh Don't you just love it when when liberals believe that only their views are the ones that are correct or worth watching? It is like anyone who expresses a contrary view must be wrong. How do we even have the nerve to consider watching Fox news? 

I'm Here A Lot

I know... hahaha. I feel like i'm taking crazy pills 

I'm Here A Lot

Indeed you brought this topic to a more sensible approach.  You're absolutely right because the current left slanted situation is not fair. I wonder how Fox is offered at Bell... Will find out

Topic Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 29 Likes
  • 12 in conversation