Fox News why not full HD?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
I'm Here A Lot
Posts: 7

Fox News why not full HD?

Seams to me that it is intentionally not in HD. CNN is in HD and way more pleasant to watch then SD programming. It’s highly likely another Liberal tactic to keep people focused Left.

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 925

Re: Fox News why not full HD?

State propaganda is just as effective in SD as it is in HD.

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 3,216

Re: Fox News why not full HD?


Greesh wrote:

Seams to me that it is intentionally not in HD. CNN is in HD and way more pleasant to watch then SD programming. It’s highly likely another Liberal tactic to keep the sheeple focused Left.


First of all, Fox News isn't even available unless you subscribe to an extra cost news package. The left leaning news channels like CBC, CTV and CNN are all on basic cable in HD. I can toggle between them on my kitchen TV with a DTR or my main TV. If I had the extra news package including Fox News that would come up SD with a windowboxed screen unless I zoomed it, not at all attractive.  The decision to broadcast Fox News  in SD in an extra cost package has to be political.


SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 1,962

Re: Fox News why not full HD?


OLDYELLR wrote:  The decision to broadcast Fox News  in SD in an extra cost package has to be political.

Corporations like Rogers do not make political decisions. They make economic decisions to maximize profits for their shareholders. Although Fox News is quite popular in the US (but no longer always number one), the channel had/has very few people watching in Canada.  Very few.  IIRC from a few years ago, in Canada, it had only a couple of thousand viewers and less than 1/10th of the channels like CBC, CTV.  It is therefore likely that Rogers feels that the additional cost of airing the HD stream is simply not worth it for them for a couple thousand potential HD viewers.

I'm Here A Lot
Posts: 7

Re: Fox News why not full HD?

Not when you need to pay for it and isn't the greatest to watch compared to any HD channel.

I'm Here A Lot
Posts: 7

Re: Fox News why not full HD?

I’m sure that’s hardly the case. Fox News is the no.1 watched news network for almost 200 straight months in US. Shows like Hannity and Tucker Carlon are only behind ESPN in audience. So, sorry but the argument that Rogers is merely positioning the #1 news station hard to get and when you do buy it, it’s not in HD is not economically motivated, it’s politically motivated without a shred of doubt.
I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 1,962

Re: Fox News why not full HD?


Greesh wrote:
...it’s politically motivated without a shred of doubt.

Yep, corporations are known to be left wing. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 5,635

Re: Fox News why not full HD?

So, what you're saying here is that access and quality (HD vs SD) for tv viewers in Canada should be determined solely by American numbers, and determined and controlled by corperations in the U.S.  I'm sure that there are a good number of Canadians who would disagree with you.  If you believe that Fox junk is so popular in Canada, where are the numbers to back that statement up?  As @57 indicated, if the demand isn't there, then broadcasting companies aren't going to waste the bandwidth on it.  That's basic economics at work.  



I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 3,216

Re: Fox News why not full HD?


57 wrote:

Greesh wrote:
...it’s politically motivated without a shred of doubt.

Yep, corporations are known to be left wing. 


No tongue-in-cheek smiley?  Not sure who mandates which news channels are to be carried by basic cable, but I would think bureaucracies like CRTC, not corporations.


SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 3,216

Re: Fox News why not full HD?


Datalink wrote:

So, what you're saying here is that access and quality (HD vs SD) for tv viewers in Canada should be determined solely by American numbers, and determined and controlled by corperations in the U.S.  I'm sure that there are a good number of Canadians who would disagree with you.  If you believe that Fox junk is so popular in Canada, where are the numbers to back that statement up?  As @57 indicated, if the demand isn't there, then broadcasting companies aren't going to waste the bandwidth on it.  That's basic economics at work.  


With what is being spewed by CNN these days, why do we even have it on basic cable and in HD? I can't stand watching it anymore and I doubt many other Canadians do.


SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
What's New
Topic Stats