After 35+ Years I'm Parting (Most) Ways With Rogers Soon

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

After 35+ Years I'm Parting (Most) Ways With Rogers Soon

I regretfully announce that I am giving up all my Rogers services bar the Mobile ones very soon.  I've been offered a deal I can't refuse with Bell Fibe.   Although Rogers tried to match they couldn't quite and there are other reasons too.  The main one being that I am sick and tired of all these cables running everywhere and the often intermittent nature of my Internet service which seems to go down with regularity at least once every 24 hours along with the cable TV, not always coincidentally either.

There are drawbacks to the competitor's services which I am aware of but I'm ready to give it a shot.

I'm just hoping the switch doesn't kill me as I am going to have to move several pieces of furniture in order to access the major part of the cabling and the phone modem etc.

At almost 77 and with a heart condition I don't need the fuss, but there's that old saying "it's never too late"....so here goes (on the 21st).

Peter
Toronto
Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: After 35+ Years I'm Parting (Most) Ways With Rogers Soon

Hello, @pmcsplaza

I'm sorry to hear that you are parting ways with us and definitely the 35+ loyalty will be missed. If you were to have a change of heart or any other reason please don't hesitate to reach out to us. On behalf of the Rogers Community, I wish you many more years ahead with sound health and prosperity. You are always welcome to participate in the Community to guide and enlighten us with your experience. 

All the best!Smiley Happy

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Thank you for your kind thoughts.  Much appreciated.  Smiley Happy

I'll still be using Rogers for my 2 mobile devices, so wont be completely gone.

It's the TV, Internet and Home Phone that I'm switching.

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Senior Advisor

@pmcsplaza  Thanks for letting us know that you are moving on.  We each have our reasons for staying or going and I hope that your new services are relatively problem free.

Best of luck with your services.

Bruce

Thanks Smiley Happy

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Frequent Visitor

Bell will screw you sooner or later, if you switch from Rogers to Bell read the fine print. We went back to Bell with our land line many yyears ago, big mistake, don't

listen to their sales pitch. I'm staying with Rogers, we have fibre optic service for cable & internet plus cell phones. Rogers will reduce your bill if you are firm, demand a better deal !!

Living in an old high rise in downlown Toronto we have the original cable put in years ago.  I doubt Rogers will have any intention of replacing it with Fibre-Optic any time soon.   When I ask about it, they change the subject.

The service is OK but not brilliant and I do not like all the cables running everywhere.   Bell are using their original cable ducts to bring the Fibe into these apartments and their own apartment wiring to bring the phone to every room.   A neighbour just went rogue and swears their service is second to none.  He also said they took the full 5 hours to ensure everything worked as it should.     Rogers by comparison are usually in and out in 15 minutes blaming it on "something outside" and service improves for a few days then drops again as if someone just started draining the service out of the Rogers bathtub.

I may regret the move and come back, but only when they can  match Bell for speed up as well as down.

Some TV channels aren't carried by them but they do listen when people ask, according to my sources.  So I am aware of the downside.

Peter
Toronto
I Like it Here

Bell vibe? Eeeek!
Trust me... It is junk. We did exactly what you are doing last year, after a Bell rep showed up at the door. Promised lower rates (lied), faster and better service (lied), promised to ensure we had every channel we had with Source cable/Rogers cable (lied big time). And when we got tired of the lies from bell and went back? We shipped all the devices as they requested in Separate parcels and shipping label's they provided... we got billed for a "device not returned" and it was like pulling teeth to get them ro fix it... only to have them bill us again a year later for the same apparently lost box... plus the interest. Only this time they sent it to collection's. Thankfully my wife was able to find the confirmation letter they sent us last year clearing it from our account and if she didn't still have it? We'd have paid the bill... plus have a negative mark on my wifes perfect rating...
They are not what they used to be... but Rogers on the other hand? Always been awesome!
In fact, I came across your post because I plan to post about how a rogers rep just saved us $250 on our multiline cell bill... and took the time to find the error and save us future costs... Bell? Never would happen with them.
You should speak with "Customer Retention" and explain the situation with your services and those specific techs that came to you home but did not fix the issues, and why you plan to leave... Rogers cares.. more than the paycheck! That is unheard of today.

Yes, I realise I have some hard thinking to do between now and the 21st.

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Senior Advisor

As I mentioned earlier, we each have our perspectives on why we may stay or go.  For me, I don't like pressuring any company to give me a "better deal". That is one of the reasons that I am ultimately leaving when the contract runs out - as to where I will go and what company I will use, that is to be determined.

My decision is not based upon price alone, it is experience, as well as can I get the product mix.

Many people have both good and bad stories with the companies that we deal with in this industry. I have had both with Rogers, and with Bell - they have little competition, so there is really little difference.  Just my opinion.

To those who decide to leave for whatever reasons, all the best with your decisions, and we all have the right to have our opinion and to make our choices.

May all find what works best for you.

Bruce

What's New
WWE: Survivor Series LIVE
Sunday November 19, 2017
LIVE: 8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

WWE Superstars will compete under one roof with one mission in mind, survival! Don’t miss Roman Reigns, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Alexa Bliss, Charlotte and all your favorites collide. Live on Sportsnet pay-per-view or on the WWE Network, channel 512 (Ontario)/398 (Atlantic).

Topic Stats