BlackBerry

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Call Barring Not Supported Either?

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

Call Barring Not Supported Either?

[ Edited ]

On my Passport, I have 5 options under Call Blocking (Barring) ... 351 looks useful, and when I dial *#351# the system recognizes it and says it is currently off.  The codes are ...

35 / Block All Incoming Calls

351 / Block All Incoming Calls When Roaming

33 / Block All Outgoing Calls

331 / Block All Outgoing Calls to International Numbers
332 / Block All Outgoing Calls to International Numbers Except Canada (presumably when outside Canada)

You can flip the knobs, but you need the barring code to activate.  Let me guess -- this is a locked down feature too?

call_barring.png

interrogation.png

***Edited Labels***

Re: Call Barring Not Supported Either?

[ Edited ]

[ Edited ]

Hey @DominicB,

You're quickly becoming a popular fellow in our community Smiley Wink.

Unfortunately, that is correct, it is not a supported feature. With that said, I believe it'll only function if you are currently on a non Rogers network. In other words, you'll have to be roaming in order for it to work. 

I may be mistaken, so I'll try and gather more information and get back to you soon as I can verify my hunch.

Community, feel free to chime in!

I'll be in touch Smiley Happy!

RogersCilio

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the kind words, but look at my avatar.  I did wireline though, not GSM.  GSM has no features.  I think you would dial *351*password# and then hit SEND on your home network to disable incoming calls while roaming.  To turn it off, #351# and SEND.

We had MADN MCR or SCR I think when DMS-100 (wireline switch) and DMS-MTX (cellular switch) talked to each other.  That was when CDMA ruled.  That's where your landline and cell ring at the same time on a single number, and you can pick up on either, and when you do, the other phone stops ringing.  You could also pass the call back and forth between the two.  I remember doing that on BCM using FMFM (Find Me Follow Me).  If it was MCR, a 2nd call would ring the landline if you answered the cell and were still talking, and vice-versa.

So, cellular is kinda primitive for me.  No talking call waiting, selective call rejection, call intercept, camp on -- nuthin'.

What's New!
WWE: SummerSlam LIVE
Sunday August 20, 2017
LIVE: 8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

WWE turns up the heat for its biggest party of the summer. Don’t miss all your favorite WWE Superstars compete at WWE SummerSlam! Live on Sportsnet pay-per-view or on the WWE Network, channel 512 (Ontario)/398 (Atlantic).

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation