cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Motion

JerryY
I plan to stick around

Will Rogers carry the BlackBerry Motion?  If so, is there a time frame?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blackberry Motion

Good day @robteb@JerryY & @av66,

Thank you for your posts!

We truly understand your interest for this exciting new device and while we’d like nothing more than to carry all models, we make decisions based on the trends we see from our customers.

We greatly value your loyalty and appreciate that you've been long time customers.

If you are looking to purchase the device outright, it could be unlocked and used on our network.

This would allow you to get a discounted price on your monthly price plan.

I am confident we could make you benefit from some of our best loyalty offers, since your line won't be linked to the device subsidy. Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JerryY

At this moment Rogers has not announced that they will be carrying the new Blackberry Motion. If they do, they will announce it on here or on their website.

Until then keep a eye on the main page of the Rogers website or on here to see!

JerryY
I plan to stick around

Seriously? You gave an "I don't know" and the question is "SOLVED"? 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JerryY

No where did I say "i don't know". Again Rogers has not posted anything about carrying the device as of yet. If they do, they will do it on their page as posted above and post it here. Your question was answered with the above post and was clicked as ACCEPTED for that matter. I will remove the ACCEPTED on the post however this was been answered as again, Rogers has not said anything regarding this device and there is no date regarding when or if Rogers will sell it.

Paulina1
I've been here awhile

Is Rogers planning on carrying the Blackberry Motion? I am planning on buying it but as a customer of Rogers i’d Rather buy it through rogers as opposed to another carrier......

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Paulina1

Unfortunately at this time Rogers is not confirmed that they will carry this device. Stay tuned and if it does indeed come, I'll post it on it will be in the main page.

JerryY
I plan to stick around

Looks like almost every major carrier picked up the phone except for Rogers...

I'm a 20+ year customer who is thinking of jumping ship to get the phone he wants...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JerryY

Yeah my sister was been wanting the Motion. I have the Black KeyOne and that's a great device as well.

JerryY
I plan to stick around

I looked long and hard at the Keyone, but, my previous phone being a Bold 9900, and having large fingers, I found the keyone keyboard SHORT, as in the keys are too short.

When I found out about the Motion, being exactly like my current Z30, except android. I like the 4000 mah battery, the big display, excettera. I just wish Rogers would have carried the Motion. Very sad that they aren't.

robteb
I'm here a lot

I'm in the same boat.  Rogers/Cantel customer since 1995.  Need a replacement for my Z30, which is getting increasingly slow.  May have to go with the competition to get my Motion ...

av66
I've been around

I have been a customer of Rogers for many years now, I hate to have switch to another provider because I can't get the BlackBerry Motion.

We truly understand your interest for this exciting new device and while we’d like nothing more than to carry all models, we make decisions based on the trends we see from our customers.

We greatly value your loyalty and appreciate that you've been long time customers.

If you are looking to purchase the device outright, it could be unlocked and used on our network.

I am confident we could make you benefit from some of our best loyalty offers, since your line won't be linked to the device subsidy. Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Yes, you can bring in an unlocked version of the device, but be aware that not all functionality may be supported by Rogers at this time as is true with Pixel from Google, and many other Android based device.  Confirm with Rogers what features they will support on the unlocked device.

Bell, Telus and Koodo sell it - you would have to check with them to see what feature set they fully support on the device.

Bruce

Very VERY disappointed with Rogers right now. I haven't had a device balance for almost two years waiting for a new phone that I wanted (and have never been offered a discount btw).

Guess I muddle through with my Z30 until the spring when the contract on my second line is up, then I'm outta hete...

BS
I'm a senior advisor

@robteb

No, you are right, once you go off plan to monthly and your phone is paid up, they don't call and offer to change your plan, but if you call in, you may be able to get a better deal or switch to no Tab plan that meets your needs.

True, if you want to stay Blackberry (I see why, I have always been a BB lover, but did go Android eventually), then if you want the Motion, no you can't get discounts - you may be able to bring an unlocked one over and find a discounted plan in discussion with retentions.  You can get discounts on other phones in discussion with agreeing to be on contract (just did that recently myself on two phone plans), but I had to call in and ask, it is not like the old days where they reached out to me and made offers, but then again, I also tell them not to do so.

Discuss options with retentions either now or at end of second line and see what they can do - it can't hurt.  But do shop around and make your preferred device plan choices.

Good luck and happy shopping.

Bruce

Bent
I've been here awhile
Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't the Keyone set records for pre-orders at Rogers, recently? If so, I'd say that would be a sign of a good trend from your consumers. My contract is up on Friday and I'm out.It's disappointing and too bad,because I was happy with Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Bent

Indeed it did. I got the KeyOne and love it. The motion is great too.

Bent
I've been here awhile
That's good to hear. It's just unfortunate that I will have to go to another provider to find out just how good the Motion is.

JerryY
I plan to stick around

@RogersMaude wrote:

RogersMaude

My question would be, why didn't someone contact me as soon as I exited my 2 year contract - I am almost at year 3.5, I have never had a call to see if I would like to get a new phone, never had a call to reduce my plan, etc.

When the KEYone was introduced, I DID call Roger's to enquire about the phone.  The person on the other end asked me what I was talking about - what is a KEYone. Then they proceeded to try and talk me into an iPhone or a Samsung - REALLY??? Look at my account, he had to have it up on his screen as he did the verify customer questions, my last 3 phones have been BlackBerry's, and I HAVE NEVER OWNED a crapple or Samsung phone in my life. I phoned the same day that Roger's announced that they had the most pre-orders for a BlackBerry device, May 27th, for the KEYone.

I then tried to see if I could have some fun with the automated phone system - If you go to perform a hardware upgrade over the phone and follow through the options that the teleprompter gives, all that a person would think that Roger's sold is iCrapple, Samsung, and the Google Pixels (the OTHER option)

If I did outright buy a BlackBerry Motion, get it unlocked and brought it to work on the Roger's network, it is not like I would get any of the nifty features like WiFi Calling, as Roger's has yet to support it on practically any phones besides Icraps, Samsungs, and a couple of LG models, can't seem to be bothered to keep the list up to date, or anything. It is sad that it really does not matter whether the phone supports the feature or not, it IS whether the carrier WANTS to or NOT support it for said phone.

Krezz
I've been around

Rogers - get on this - I will be wanting to get the Motion to replace my wifes Priv, and to partner along with my KEYone... BB is truly a great business tool. I don't care to own a kids phone.

Very sad to hear this isn't available through a Rogers plan.

BBUser4evr
I've been here awhile
This really sucks. My Priv screen is broken and I would much prefer to upgrade to the Motion than fix my Priv.
Bell, Telus, and Koodo will carry it but Rogers doesn't???
Topic Stats