cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing PPV Content on Multiple Platforms

robindp
I'm an advisor

Hello,

Is Rogers considering letting customers order an event using a cable box, then viewing on another device (example: computer)? This could be accomplished via Rogers anyplace TV. 

This would be useful for longer events - especially in larger households (where competition for the "main screen" occurs) or when you want to move to another room without a cable box. 

Thanks for considering and responding to my question. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Viewing PPV Content on Multiple Platforms

RogersShamere
Product Manager
Product Manager

Excellent question.

The way our system is currently set up with how Pay Per View is built and billed, the capability isn't available.

With the current set up of anyplace TV being app and log in based there are other risks such as not being able to set parental controls on adult content for a secondary device and the possible. 

Lastly, and I would have to confirm, this capability is not built into any of our current licencing deals with PPV providers. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So like buying on whatever platform... sort of activates it on the 'account' wide, that its paid for, that you can then watch on any of the other platforms?

Exactly - not just for on demand content, but for live events too (wrestling, boxing, etc). 

RogersShamere
Product Manager
Product Manager

Excellent question.

The way our system is currently set up with how Pay Per View is built and billed, the capability isn't available.

With the current set up of anyplace TV being app and log in based there are other risks such as not being able to set parental controls on adult content for a secondary device and the possible. 

Lastly, and I would have to confirm, this capability is not built into any of our current licencing deals with PPV providers. 

Thanks for the response, @RogersShamere!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation