Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft; it the Wild West all over again

Annnnnnnnd all the throttling symptoms are back again tonight /sigh

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft; it the Wild West all over again

As per the article, they will start removing the throttling as of march first..so you might find it still efecting you now.

That being said.. even after the throttling is removed, you still might find it a problem if you are in a congested area where your internet speed is slow period. (which is another problem alltogether Smiley Tongue)

I'm an Enthusiast

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

@Ressy: Exactly what I did. Switched to TekSavvy. $63/month, unlimited bandwidth, 24 Mbps. What's not to love about that...oh...and no throttling - as far as I can tell.
I've Been Here Awhile

As much as I hate "same here" posts, it's started again with my service as well, noticable only during my heavy usage to me (Monday and Tuesday, 7-11), but more so to my wife who uses the net regularly. 
Has been happening for close to a week, and after we've gone so long without throttling too. Makes me happy that the problem is indeed not on our end though, was starting to blame myself for 'over-using' the internet.

Has anyone else found that's it's more a time problem, and not a usage problem? Namely that throttling symptoms REALLY show after a specific time? For me it's been 9:30, like clockwork, every night. Starting as of last Monday. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Kiiwi, that may not as much be trottling your experiencing.. as more bottlenecking.

If you are in a congested area, where the local nodes potentialy cant handle it, if you are doing stuff at certian times, when there are alot of other users in the area on as well, it could be bottlenecking and slowing everyone down.

That i know if, the throttling has never been time specific, for those affected.

I've Been Here Awhile

Appreciate the clarification GD. Smiley Happy

Either way, I think it's about time Rogers got their **bleep** together.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, alot of the bottlenecking, etc.. has to deal with the infrastructure... its OLD.. and just cant handle the load anymore.  They are working to replace it.. but it costs ALOT of money to do... so its a slow process.

My friend, while hes on Techsavy... they run off rogers infrastructure, out in waterloo.  He was down for a day, as they were uprading parts of the nodes of the infrastructure there.  Sucks he was down, but he did notices MUCH less time of day slowdowns afterwards.

Retired Moderator Rogers_Kate
Retired Moderator

Hi kiiwi,

I've sent you a PM so we can help investigate this further for you. Please see check your inbox for my message.

Thanks,

Rogers_Kate

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers just started throttling me again as well in Diablo 3. Pretty obvious too.  So lame.  

What's New