Apple

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

will an iphone with a telus sim card that powers up work on the rogers network?

[ Edited ]
I've Been Here Awhile

will an iphone with a telus sim card that powers up work on the rogers network?

[ Edited ]

I currently have a cell phone plan and number with Rogers Wireless.

I need to replace my iphone and SIM card.

If I purchase an iphone with a telus sim card (that powers up) can I remove the telus sim card, purchase a replacement rogers wireless sim card, and subsequently activate the iphone on the rogers wirless network and use it as a replacement phone for my previous iphone? 

***EDITED LABELS***

Re: will an iphone with a telus sim card that powers up work on the rogers network?

Resident Expert

Re: will an iphone with a telus sim card that powers up work on the rogers network?

Hello @alanac

In order for the iPhone to work with Rogers, that iPhone needs to be unlocked for it to work with the Rogers sim card and on the Rogers network.

If the iPhone is unlocked, then yes you can get a Rogers sim card, activate it on your account and put it into the phone. It will then show Rogers on the top.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the response!

Do you know how I would be able to tell whether the iphone is unlocked or not?

Apparently the iphone powers up but doesn't come with any adapters.

Resident Expert

Hello @alanac

The only way of knowing is inserting a Rogers sim or another sim card from another carrier and see it if registers.

You can also take it to the Apple store with the buyer and see if they can see if its unlocked before the purchase. This is the best route to be honest.

If the phone is locked to Telus, you would need to have the original owner unlock it by Telus and then give it to you.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation