iphone X vs iphone 8plus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

iphone X vs iphone 8plus

My 2 yr contract is up and I'm considering upgrading from my 6plus.  There are some great promotions right now; which are, apparently, only for me at this time?  (I have been looking at other places for a newer phone).

I'm wondering if the Iphone X, the Iphone 8plus or the iphone 8 is better from the view of people who own them.  I've read the article from Forbes on this very same topic.  The difference in price is huge.

Right now my phone is on HOLD since I am in the Arctic for the next 2 months and it doesn't work here so I figured why pay the monthly charges when I'm not using it.  When I called Rogers yesterday I was advised to wait until I return home in May before purchasing and there will be other promotions available then?  

Thanx for any input anyone can provide.  I'm a newby here.

Deejc48  Smiley Happy  ...thanx

***EDITED LABELS***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iphone X vs iphone 8plus

Hello @Deejc48

The only difference between the iPhone X and iPhone 8 and 8 Plus is that the X has no home button / TouchID and the X uses FaceID instead. Also has full OLED display on the X instead of TFTLCD on the 8 series.

In reality I have the 8 Plus and I wouldn't go for the X until September when the new models come out. If you want to wait a couple more months, it will be worth the upgrade as there is rumour going around that a X Plus will be available and such.

In reality I would go with the 8 or 8 Plus.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanx Meow!! Smiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Deejc48

You are welcome!. Also remember the price on fixing the X is more higher then the 8 series as well due to the OLED display and what they use on it. It's a great phone but if I were u, I would go with the 8 Plus or wait until September when the new iPhone X models come out. Smiley Happy
I've Been Here Awhile

I was considering the 8plus..and now its confirmed! ..thanx for your help.

Smiley Happy

I'm Here A Lot

I had the same dilemma, and opted for the iPhone X.  I wanted a better camera, but not the size of the 8 plus.  The X's screen is actually larger than the 8 plus.  I had my X for a month now, and am loving it.  

I'm Here A Lot

Oops. I meant to write screen larger than the 8, not 8 plus.
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation