cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Apple watch support and plan

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around

Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan? 

***Added Labels***

369 REPLIES 369

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

cafge1
I've been here awhile
The link provided notes that 1GB is also added to the Share Everything plans:

“$10 per month when added to a Share Everything plan. Includes 1 GB of shareable data added to your Share Everything account.”

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cafge1

Its the same as what Bell and Telus has been offering for almost a year. The 1GB will be added to your existing data plan you already have. So you can use that extra 1GB on the phone or the watch.

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

I wish rogers gave you the option of $5 per month with no extra data but definitely was not expecting that

I already have 19gb of data lol.  Don't need anymore.  Oh well  

nasa25

Was just reading through the T&C's.  Point #5 intrigues me.  Does that mean we can only use the 1GB of data (that comes with the AW plan) for our Apple Watch?

For instance, I have 19GB data on my plan.  Adding the watch would increase my limit to 20GB.  Is Rogers saying I cannot use the other 19gb of data for my watch and anything over 1GB usage on the watch will be billed at a pay per use rate? It would be tragic if that's what they were saying.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Hmm weird. It shouldn't be just 1GB since you are sharing that 1GB with your smartphone too. It gets added to ur overall data bucket u have.

I have 19GB as well and turns 20Gb with that. I have been able to use 2-3 Gb on the watch without paying overage charges since it uses my data bucket.

nasa25

thanks @Meowmix

Point #5 of the T&C's is pretty vague.  I'm not sure what they mean.  With the AW I'll have 7 lines and 20gb allotment.  I should be able to use all 20GB on the watch if I see fit.  At least that's what I was assuming.  But with that clause in there now I'm not sure.  

nasa25

Also, is it correct that we can only purchase the AW4 in store and not online (via 24 month easy pay)?  Shows that in the t&c's as well (point 3 re: easy pay option)....

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 My understanding if your current wireless plan is a Share Everything plan, then adding the $10 watch plan to it will add an additional 1GB shareable data to your data bucket, so you'll have 20GB of shareable data among all your devices on the Shareable plan.

But if your current wireless plan is non-shareable (standalone), then my expectation is that the 1GB will be non-shareable and will only be used for the Watch.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

That is correct.. Bell and Telus require you to go into their stores and pick up the watch. I believe you are able to pre order it and then pick up in store but don't hold me on that.

Last year when Telus and Bell brought it out, they just told their customers to go to the stores and get it..

We shall see if they allow u to pre order and pick up on store or just walk in

nasa25
Thanks guys.

Turbojellyfish
I've been here awhile

Could somebody tell me please? I'm already a Rogers customer and I have a share-everything plan. I would like to buy Apple Watch Series 4. Can I pre-order the watch through Apple website and then add it to my plan or I have to pre-order through Rogers website?

Thank you so much!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Turbojellyfish

Yes you can do that. All you need to do is contact Rogers once you have the watch.. Ask them to open a new line for the Apple Watch ( that's the only way it will work). They will open it up and add the Serial number / IMEI to that account for the watch. It should start working immediately after.

Turbojellyfish
I've been here awhile
Thank you, Meowmix!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Turbojellyfish

You are welcome!!

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

@Turbojellyfish wrote:

Could somebody tell me please? I'm already a Rogers customer and I have a share-everything plan. I would like to buy Apple Watch Series 4. Can I pre-order the watch through Apple website and then add it to my plan or I have to pre-order through Rogers website?

Thank you so much!

It's cheaper if you buy it from Apple than buying from Rogers.  Rogers is charging a $40 markup on the Watch based on the pricing they posted on their website.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @vrsoo7

Bell and Telus is doing this too.. However if you rather pay it monthly on ur bill instead of on shot then it's worth it for the ones that want to do it that way.

Turbojellyfish
I've been here awhile
@rvsoo7 Thank you for the info. I think I'm gonna stick with Apple.

TL
I plan to stick around
Can someone clarify-if I have the 10gb $60 plan and I add the watch do I only get 1gb or is it using my plans data pool?
Thx

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

@TL wrote:
Can someone clarify-if I have the 10gb $60 plan and I add the watch do I only get 1gb or is it using my plans data pool?
Thx

It will depend on whether your $60 10GB plan is shareable or non-shareable.  If it's a Share Everything plan, then the 1GB will be added to your shared pool (so you'll have 11GB to share between your Watch and iPhone).  If it's not a shareable plan, then the 1GB will only be for the Watch and your Watch will not be able to use the 10GB for the iPhone.

TL
I plan to stick around
Thx. Unfortunately it's a stand alone not shareable. That sucks. So talk/text etc is from the plan (unlimited) but anything data just 1gb.

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

@TL wrote:
Thx. Unfortunately it's a stand alone not shareable. That sucks. So talk/text etc is from the plan (unlimited) but anything data just 1gb.

Yes, I know.. I'm in the same shoes.  I have talk n' text 10GB premium for $85 and I want to add the Watch to the play but I'm not sure if 1GB for the Watch would be enough.  I'm going to contact Retention to see if there's any promotions happening that would give me 10GB of shared data for the same monthly fee.