cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Apple watch support and plan

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around

Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan? 

***Added Labels***

369 REPLIES 369

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

Rogers is now listed on apple website as supporting aw 3 and 4

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

If anyone has any official pricing for a AW plan on Rogers, please do share.  Glad to see the AW3LTE will be supported... makes it harder for me to justify upgrading to the AW4LTE...

Can somebody from Rogers kindly provide a accurate response, whether ESIMS is supported with iWatch 4 or not or where do we have to go to get a response once and for all? This is ridiculous that Rogers can't provide valid statement on this issue.

Thanks

@cjmacc88 wrote:

Apple Watch 4 announcement just listed Rogers as a cellular provider

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gsicurel

Apple announced Rogers is going to to support the AW4 when the AW4 gets released. Its on the Rogers website and on the Apple website...

So happy - can’t wait to get a Series 4 🤞🏾

JjspOg
I plan to stick around
Where do you see this on Rogers’ site?

TL
I plan to stick around

Good news today with Rogers supporting LTE with the iwatch 4!

I would pay $5/mth. Don't see the value really in paying $10. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @TL

Im with Telus and I pay$10. Give a me 1GB of extra data as well. I know bell charges $5 but does NOT offer the 1GB extra. So you either pay $5 and use the same data you have OR pay $10 and get an extra 1GB on the plan. An extra $5 for 1GB is worth it. 

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
I really hope Rogers gives customers the option of $5/no data

I already have like 19gb on my plan and barely use 8

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
https://twitter.com/rickstockley/status/1040015094414028801?s=21

Sept 17th is when Rogers will officially begin to support the Apple Watch

Hey everyone!

Thank you for your patience. Smiley Wink As many of you heard, we have great news!

We're excited to announce Rogers will be carrying the all new Apple Watch 4.

Pre-order yours as early as Friday!

For those of you who may have the previous Apple Watch, you’ll be able to activate it. Our Apple Watch plans are going to be made available as of September 17th, 2018!

This means any customer who currently owns an Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) will be able to activate it as an additional line on their Share Everything plan or add it on a non-shared plan!

You must be on iOS 12 and WatchOS 5 to activate your Apple Watch.

Keep an eye on Rogers.com for the latest news!

RogersMaude

JjspOg
I plan to stick around
That’s very insulting. You could have done better. I waited and waited and put up with your excuses about not knowing a date or when. You folks knew you’d be launching in September. This isn’t news and like I said, you’re waiting for AW4. You had many that waited now a year. Congrats on finally giving a tiny little care as to what your customers want, but I will now definitely be leaving to TELUS, because this just shows the utter contempt you have for us, me and every other customer that was begging for you to give us the option. What a disgrace.

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

@RogersMaude wrote:

You must be on iOS 12 and WatchOS 5 to activate your Apple Watch.

Does the iOS 12/WatchOS 5 requirement apply to Apple Watch series 3 LTE as well?  Or can we activate the series 3 watches without having to upgrade to iOS 12/WatchOS 5?

JjspOg
I plan to stick around
You really should update. There’s no reason to not update your iOS. It’s actually a security risk to not update. Sure, sometimes there are initial bugs, but Apple tests this stuff for months and months and by thousands of people before launching. When there are bugs, they get fixed quickly. Their whole business vision has always been user experience. No reason to hold out on iOS 12, especially given that it’s much faster and battery efficient. I’m running the GM beta (almost identical to what will be the final version. Only minor updates will be made, if anything, to the version I’m using before Sept. 17 launch.) I am experiencing no glitches so far with the pre-release version of iOS 12. My battery lasts longer and my phone is MUCH faster.

Do yourself a favour: do your updates.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are occasions when an iOS update is incompatible with what Rogers offers. Many people have encountered that issue many times with various aspects of Rogers, especially on the TV side of things, Rogers apps, etc.

Yes, I agree that updating iOS is a good idea for security, however, it's always a good idea to wait a day or two (or perhaps more) and check here to see if there are incompatibilities.  Although the iOS may have been tested for a while, it may not have been tested with Rogers specifically.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JjspOg wrote:
That’s very insulting. You could have done better. You folks knew you’d be launching in September. 

Although Rogers might have known, for competitive and other reasons, Rogers personnel are not allowed to formally announce things until management let them. It's the same for all corporations. You need to understand how things work with corporations and advance notice (leaks) can get people fired if they leak things before management say they can.

kirvanp
I've been here awhile

Yeah, they've known all year it wouldn't launch until September. Just didn't want customers to go elsewhere. The customers themselves they couldn't care less about.

JjspOg
I plan to stick around
You surely understand that “you” wasn’t any specific rep but Rogers as a corporation and corporate communications. Come on.

JjspOg
I plan to stick around
I’ve been with Rogers for almost 14 years. I’ve had Rogers-based Apple products (iPhone, iPad) since 2012. There is no incompatibility between a new iOS version and Rogers. The MyRogers app will be updated upon iOS 12 release (or slightly before) anyway. So it’ll be optimized FOR iOS 12. Otherwise, the only thing that Rogers has any connection to are the carrier settings. Otherwise, it doesn’t matter. Rogers has nothing to do with the rest of the functions on your iPhone.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JjspOg wrote:
I’ve been with Rogers for almost 14 years. I’ve had Rogers-based Apple products (iPhone, iPad) since 2012. There is no incompatibility between a new iOS version and Rogers. 

You obviously weren't using Anyplace TV, which was rendered useless by an iOS upgrade in 2015 for about 5 months (iOS9). It also affected iOS11 for a while.  See the following post.  

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-Anyplace-TV-will-not-work-with-ipad-or-iphone/m-p/402...

Some people have been lucky in that they may never have been affected, however, it's always a good idea to wait a few days (or longer) and check various forums whenever there is a major iOS update.  The next time it could be you!

Although this is an Apple thread, there were similar issues with Android around the same time as iOS9 that took months to resolve.

@JjspOg wrote:
You surely understand that “you” wasn’t any specific rep but Rogers as a corporation and corporate communications. Come on.

The answer is still the same. The corporation will release the information when management decides to, not when you'd like them to.

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

Looks like it's going to be $10/mo. to add an Apple Watch to a Rogers Share Everything or standalone plan.  Standalone plans will have 1GB of data.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/apple-watch?icid=ba-hphbcon-awl2rcwrls-0912185

The series 4 Watch will be available for sale for $30.37/mo. on a 24 month Easy Pay plan or $729 no term, which is $40 more than if you purchase from Apple ($689 for series 4 44mm LTE version)