cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Apple watch support and plan

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around

Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan? 

***Added Labels***

369 REPLIES 369

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

TL
I plan to stick around
So with the coming announcement of iwatch 4, any update on whether Rogers will be able to support LTE?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @TL

To be honest... I expect them to announce that when Apple officially announces the AW4. Rogers as been really loafing on getting this rolling meanwhile the other 2 major carriers have been in play for a year almost.

supervillain
I plan to stick around
I really hope you are right! I don't want to switch carriers for a watch, but I know others have. Also, it just looks bad on them that their competition has been supporting it since last year.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @supervillain

I have my AW3 with Telus and loving it. If Telus offers the AW4 with financing then I'll do that with them. I no longer have to wait for Rogers. They made many wait Enough. If they dont announce it, then at that point Rogers just doesn't care. There is no more excuse of the system no able to handle it or they are working in it.

Garygouril
I plan to stick around

I switched to Telus, got better coverage at the same price, big switching bonus to pay for a new high memory iPhone, then added my wife on my old iPhone for half the price of my Rogers plan. And they offer the Apple Watch LTE on time payments for less in total than Apple charges, and top up your Data, and have better coverage in my area. Win! Win! Win! Win!

I Just cannot believe that we are 1 year later and still not even a mention from Rogers.

JjspOg
I plan to stick around

I know, eh? Super disappointing. Still can’t leave my phone at home while using my watch. So annoying.  It’s sad. Not only do they not seem to care about their clients. Not smart.

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast

Any more information on this? All ready 1st of September..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @cafekief

Unfortunately no. If they would have announced anything, it would have been posted on the Apple Watch thread.

Apple Watch esim support

I have been with Rogers for several years now.
I have 2 phones and a rocket hub for internet.
I have been a loyal customer until now, but..., If Rogers does not start up esim support with the release of Apple Watch 4, I will cancel all my accounts.
I think I speak for many, that we are frustrated with this lack of support.

cjmacc88
I've been here awhile

We're days away from the Apple Watch 4 announcement and Rogers still can't support the 3.  How embarrassing that one of the "Big Two" are so far behind !! 

supervillain
I plan to stick around

Lets see what Rogers does with the apple watch 4 being announced tomorrow.  You would think they would mention or tease something...

Yes you would think that they would announce something, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
I think they will be surprised on how many customers they will lose over the next 6 months.

supervillain
I plan to stick around

Just messaged Rogers on facebook, I linked this thread and asked if there was any news... This is what they said:

We have plans to launch the technology for cellular-enabled wearable tech in 2018. We’ll update our customers as we get closer to that time and you can check http://Rogers.com for any updates

They’re responses are so insulting. Notice how they only say they have plans to support wearable cellular technology. That could mean android or who knows what else, not even apple. Plus that’s the same answer they gave over 9 months ago. All their service has went downhill. I can’t believe how long it takes to talk to a real person at their call centre now too. I’m gone in a couple months and will never return to Rogers.

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

if rogers doesn't announce esim support today (with the AW4 launch) it'll probably be a long wait, if it ever happens

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

As per the Apple event, it showed Rogers Bell and Telus that will carry the LTE Series 4!!!!.

So I believe Rogers will now be getting it!!

cjmacc88
I've been here awhile

Apple Watch 4 announcement just listed Rogers as a cellular provider

nasa25

YUP

ROGERS IS IN!

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

Yup... hopefully the add-on plan will be comparable to Bell & Telus... What's Bell & Telus charging these days to add a Apple Watch to the plan?

nasa25

$5 and $10 per month

forget who is charging what though

I'm hoping for $5 but expecting $10